Question Crossfire Works but MOBO Doesn’t Detect ANY VGA in BIOS

Feb 19, 2019
An odd one here...

ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Ryzen 5 2600
(2) XFX RX 580 GTS Black 8GB

MOBO and processor are new. GPUs were bought used on eBay. At least one of them was used for mining because I found that one GPU was flashed for the RX 580 GTS CORE bios.

I restored the GPU bios when I noticed it.

No issue getting picture to the monitor. No issue running BF1, BF V, Anthem, Apex Legends, etc... crossfire is enabled for Battlefield and appears to be working fine (Radeon performance monitoring shows both GPUs are being utilized.

I updated the MOBO driver using the EZ Flash tool (over internet from BIOS). It says it is up to date.

But when I look at the PCI devices in BIOS, it tells me no VGA device is found... Even though it is using one of the slots to tell me that!

I’ve searched here and googled and wasn’t able to find a similar issue.

Any ideas? Thanks, everyone.

ETA: I should add that both GPUs are properly seated (checked MANY times) and are powered on.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019
BIOS graphic card information - see page 3-20 of user manual
PRIME X470-PRO User’s Manual ( English )

From 3-20 of the manual under GPU Post: "This feature is only supported on selected ASUS graphic cards."

That's saying that the MOBO won't display any VGA installed in any of the PCI slots because it's not an ASUS GPU?

I should add that before I flashed the GPU that had the wrong BIOS, the MOBO BIOS did show one GPU installed in the second PCIx16 slow (at 8x speed).