[SOLVED] Crosshair VIII Hero Microcode Loading Issue ?

Dec 31, 2020
I just completed my 5th computer build (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bkk8PV). On first start-up the Q-LED on the motherboard read 06. According to the manual it means microcode loading. I used a FAT32 formatted USB drive to update the BIOS following the instructions in the instruction manual. I'm still getting the 06 code on boot. Since it's the initial boot, I only have one ram stick in. I'm worried the MOBO came defective. Anyone have experience with this issue?

Solution
Might want to mention which slot the stick of ram is populating on the motherboard. You will need to work with slot A2, then see if you can remove the CMOS battery, replace it after 30 minutes then try powering up. Also, when you're going to perform the CMS removal, make sure the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall, and resting atop your motherboard box.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to mention which slot the stick of ram is populating on the motherboard. You will need to work with slot A2, then see if you can remove the CMOS battery, replace it after 30 minutes then try powering up. Also, when you're going to perform the CMS removal, make sure the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall, and resting atop your motherboard box.

Solution
Dec 31, 2020
Thanks. I do have the ram in the A2. I've tried booting with all 4 sticks I have available to me. I read about resetting the CMOS, but haven't tried it. I will try that out and report back. Once reset, should I update the Bios before starting it up?

Dec 31, 2020
I reset the CMOS and the error still occurred. Does this mean my MB is bad?

TRENDING THREADS