Cryorig R1 Ultimate Dual-Tower CPU Cooler Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
I've had this cooler for over a year in a much less ventilated case in the review and it's so quiet I've had to double-check to see if my computer's running. the fans on my 390X are louder in comparison, and for looks and quality it's second-to-none. I am so impressed by it overall that I may personally buy a new set of fans and use it on a future build, and I never typically reuse fans/cooling components!

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Here's mine:
l1NlYDh.jpg

Which others do you own?

I will occasionally be traveling with my pc to a friends house for some gaming, so I didn't want a huge cooler. I have concerns about the weight of the larger coolers. Heck, the H7 feels a little heavy, but it's not too bad. I almost went with the M9i before FINALLY settling on the H7. Very happy with my decision.

Cryorig is supposed to release the H7 Quad Lumi at anytime. An upgraded H7. I don't particularly care for the LED lighting it will have, but there will be an additional heat pipe and supposedly better mounting system.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
NH-D15 came out to 50° over-ambient. Phanteks hasn't sent a big one since the D14 doppleganger, those two are about 2° warmer still.
How much did it cost to Google it and come up with 1.389kg? It comes up before you even hit "enter".

You replied while I was in the process of responding and thinking of a nice way to respond. :D

Google <-----------<<< It does a mind good! :na:

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

I own the R1 Ultimate , 2 H5 Universals , 1 Cryorig H7 , and One Cryorig C7.

SCANNERMAN777

Honorable
Apr 7, 2016

:lol: Try using Corsair Dominator ram with that. Noctua has tower coolers that allow for high profile ram plus the additional ram fans that come with it. This one looks to be a low profile cooler. Not always the best choice.

I can't think of ever seeing any reviews of air coolers where a second fan made much, if any difference at all. Maybe it would on some really crazy overclocked system, but I dunno.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Cryorig has the R1 Universal , 0 ram interference and out performs Noctua and Phanteks.

SCANNERMAN777

Honorable
Apr 7, 2016

Judging by what I see in that picture there would be a great deal of interference with Ram like this unless you want to exclude the fans that come with the ram. http://www.legitreviews.com/corsair-dominator-platinum-3200mhz-ddr4-memory-kit-review_152008

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

Personally, I always see 2 fan solutions as redundant ones, so if one fan dies when you use the computer 24/7 it doesn't die out mid render when you are using 100% of your cpu and need a fan to cool it.

sunny420

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
"gergguy Dec 31, 2016, 9:21 AM
I have one and love it. Most coolers are such a pain to install. Cryorig did a fantastic job on the design, install couldn't be easier and it keeps my OCed CPU cool.

http://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/userbuild/174475.69ff80bf53ff080ee471e9f7ebf41fde.1600.jpg"

Nice looking system. Which case is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.