Discussion Cryorig R1 Ultimate vs Gamdias Chione M2-240R

PhatLloyd

Honorable
Jul 1, 2014
Good day all

I have decided to upgrade my CPU cooler and have two options in mind with a budget of R1500 (ZAR - South African Rands).

The two contenders are:
I am undecided on one and I know the pros and cons of both air and liquid coolers. I'm using an i5 3470 with no OC and my RAM clearance is not a problem for the R1. When it comes to the liquid cooler, I prefer a 240mm radiator. My case does support the size of the R1 as well.

If you have any other suggestions on coolers, feel free to post them here as well, both AIOs and air coolers. I will most probably use the cooler in my new build which will happen closer to the end of the year.

Let me know your experiences with these if you have as well as your opinions.

Thank you,
PhatLloyd

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'm a fan of air moreso than liquid in general - but there's another factor at play here too....Gamdias.

They were mostly into peripherals & cases until not too long ago, now they do cases, PSUs, coolers along with their KB/M, headsets etc.

I don't think I'd want to be their beta tester on longevity of an AIO.
Sure, it'll just be a rebranded unit from one of the few liquid cooler makers (won't be Asetek since it's also sold in the US).... but I just don't think I'd be too comfortable with the 'brand', personally.