Cryorig r1 ultimate work with ram and motherboard

Cash425

Honorable
Oct 21, 2016
I wanted to know if the Cryorig r1 ultimate will work asus x99 aii and corsair vengence lpx 32gb, or if there wont be enough clearance? 2 x16gb sticks.
thanks

Solution
It should be fine, the lpx are corsair's low profile vengeance ram sticks. They're about as short as you can go for ram. The only other thing to consider is the offset of the heatpipes angled (usually) toward the back of the case. X99 uses ram slots on either side of the cpu and the heat pipes may interfere with the left hand ram slot closest to the cpu.

Here's an example looking top-down on an x99 board. The ram slots to the right of the image are the slots between the cpu and rear of the case. I've highlighted the angled heatpipes in red and the yellow line represent where a low profile stick of ram would fit in that first slot behind the cooler, showing the potential conflict where the red and yellow guide lines overlap. There's a...
It should be fine, the lpx are corsair's low profile vengeance ram sticks. They're about as short as you can go for ram. The only other thing to consider is the offset of the heatpipes angled (usually) toward the back of the case. X99 uses ram slots on either side of the cpu and the heat pipes may interfere with the left hand ram slot closest to the cpu.

Here's an example looking top-down on an x99 board. The ram slots to the right of the image are the slots between the cpu and rear of the case. I've highlighted the angled heatpipes in red and the yellow line represent where a low profile stick of ram would fit in that first slot behind the cooler, showing the potential conflict where the red and yellow guide lines overlap. There's a ram stick that fits there and if you look close you'll see they started with the second slot beyond the heat pipes.
fd5d8e43b6be4618856ad51a65c5719d.png

Solution