Cryorig Shows Off Hybrid Water Coolers And IoT PSUs At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caanis Lupus

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
I think it would defeat the purpose of having "silent" or "quiet" setup and have the little fan running anywhere near 3000 rpm.

The XT140 fans they have are interesting.

Same. That graphic seems a little doctored. That said, proper airflow over the RAM and especially the VRM circuitry is essential. A low rpm 120mm or 140mm fan right on the waterblock could be very nice.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015
I think it would defeat the purpose of having "silent" or "quiet" setup and have the little fan running anywhere near 3000 rpm.

The XT140 fans they have are interesting.

most water pumps are far from silent. Closed loop coolers shouldn't be considered a quieter solution than air coolers. Thier main benefit is the ability to route the heat right out the vents of the case, rather than into the atmosphere letting the exhaust fans handle the ambient heat.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
I look foreward to the reviews when they're released. I want that function in a PSU, it remains to be seen how loud that fan is and it's spec (prefer fanless), and unfortunatly gold will probably be at the lower watts whereas I want at least platnum.

I'm probably never going to move to liquid cooling, but I look foreward to seeming toms thermals for the a series closed loops.

UsVersusThem

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
I absolutely love my Cryorig h7, so I'm curious how these turn out. If it's well, might consider either. Although might wait til second generation on the psu.

SamSerious

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
That thing would be great to cool my FX-9370 while also taking care of the VRM of my hot ASrock 990fx Killer.
A liquid cooler would be nice for transporting the computer without stressing the board with a heavy cooler too much, but without a hybrid solution the VRMs would get way too hot..

Status
Not open for further replies.