Crysis 2 Editor, CryENGINE SDK Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]wpcloki[/nom]Today, April 29th? Where did my whole last week go!?[/citation]

That's actually better. That's one less week of Crysis news I have to hear.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Already finished, uninstalled and sold my copy. It was entertaining except the stupid AI which broke a couple of levels for, including the last one, where all the enemies would just jump at a wall.

hamthegreat

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
[citation][nom]mottamort[/nom]today isnt april 29 0_o[/citation]

Awesome we time traveled to my birthday, I'm 23 now. What do I get?

G

I like how they down rated wpcloki for being right. A little bit more proof reading bud. Accurate facts are good.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]Already finished, uninstalled and sold my copy. It was entertaining except the stupid AI which broke a couple of levels for, including the last one, where all the enemies would just jump at a wall.[/citation]

The AI was horrible. The lack of any real end boss fight was also a huge disappointment. The cloak dedication upgrade was for four enemies... all extremely weak and at the end of the game... I didn't even get hit by them.
It's almost like CryTek just sort of gave up slapped what they had together and released it.

You just register, download the SDK with a personalized license key and you're good to go!

Anyone else instantly think of Boxxy after reading this? Surely it can't just be me.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Can't wait, I want to re-model the interior, exterior and the first 2Km radius from one of the Plaza's I live near(or some call them Malls in most other places.

Then I'll feel fulfilled in some sense.

[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Can't wait, I want to re-model the interior, exterior and the first 2Km radius from one of the Plaza's I live near(or some call them Malls in most other places.Then I'll feel fulfilled in some sense.[/citation]

LOL Anyone reported you to the local police yet?? *concerned look* Scary...

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]LOL Anyone reported you to the local police yet?? *concerned look* Scary...[/citation]

What? It's a project I need to carry out for one of my classes, modelling.
I have no intentions on releasing it to the modding community, I never release any of my designs as it could endanger the general public.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]wpcloki[/nom]Today, April 29th? Where did my whole last week go!?[/citation]

To be honest I'm not begging to think this is some kind of in-house joke with Toms Hardware when it comes to Kevin s articles as there's normally at least one glaring error and they never get picked upon, edited or changed.

What I do find weird though is when I moan like this on the message boards I often find posts just like 'mysteriously' disappears a few hours latter yet the article in question is forever in a constant.

flugelhorn

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Who cares? Most disappointing game this year. Console crap in a PC bow. Crytek should view this as a major disappointment and failure. They sold out the PC gamer.

old_newbie

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]The AI was horrible. The lack of any real end boss fight was also a huge disappointment. The cloak dedication upgrade was for four enemies... all extremely weak and at the end of the game... I didn't even get hit by them.It's almost like CryTek just sort of gave up slapped what they had together and released it...[/citation]

Its because they dont care about how fun the game is. Licensing the CryEngine to as many developers as possible is really what Crytek wants. The Crysis 2 game is just a delivery system/tech demo for CryEngine 3, nothing more.
Cant be mad at them. This is a business. They need to get their engine running on as many platforms as possible. From the game developer viewpoint, they'd only want to have to be familiar with one SDK, but be able to sell a game across PC, console, and handheld markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.