Crysis 2 Wins Title of Most Pirated Game of 2011

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

may it people did think it won't worth for the replay (or multiplayer games over the internet) so they skip it and download it just for single campaign

G

Here's the real deal with the pirating of Crysis 2. It hit the internet early.. by nearly three weeks. What does that mean? It means someone INSIDE Crytek or EA leaked the game. You can't blame pirates when you have a mole in the company. Anyone watch Tron:Legacy?

And so here is my opinion on pirating and how to cut it down WITHOUT Steam protection (Steam is garbage) and WITHOUT forcing the players to be connected to the internet 100% of the time (Assassin's Creed). You release the game with several HUGE bugs or flaws that prevent the pirates from advancing past a certain part of the game, then on release day you release a patch that ONLY the registered players can download. If that was done the only people that would complain would be the pirates, anyone with the excuse that they have no internet access to download the patch would be full of crap because you can download a patch to a thumbdrive from a library.

G

Man, these posts make my brain hurt. What happened to the education system?

anirudh1

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
developers should always release a demo, so that ppl can try it before buying. so they have no option but to pirate it. Tell me guys, would you buy a car without test driving it ? No right.. same goes here. Dont give me BS that i should pay $60 for every crap game. I thought of getting Crysis2. But after i played the pirated version on my friends computer for a few mins, i decided im not getting it

Status
Not open for further replies.