Crysis 3 Accidently Confirmed by EA's Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
*vomits* who care? Crysis 2 was lame... comparing to First. Origin is lame. Everything in this article is lame. Have a good day.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
So we know it exists, but the question remains:

Is the game going to be designed with the superior PC or inferior Xbox 360 in mind?

We've seen what Crysis looks like in both scenarios (excellent (Crysis) and sub-par at best (Crysis 2), respectively)- so are they going to make the smart decision or the stupid one?

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Not sure what other games it could be. There was no doubt that Crysis would get a 3rd game, and everyone knows about Farcry 3 already. Btw...that needs to come out like now. A playable demo was viewed during e3 last year. It couldn't take another entire year for the rest of the game to polish, being a single-player game and all. Not like Diablo, or TOR.

hannibal

Distinguished
to LuckyDucky7
Well my gues would go to Xbox 360... Maybe Crysis 4 will "upgrade" to Xbox 720 level...
But yeah there will be some extra candy for PC at least with some patches.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Crytek will look to rake it in again by appealing to the console gamers but it would be nice to see them put some new tech into the PC version like BF3 so us PC enthusiasts can make our console friends green with envy.
Again.

G

From the thread:

"And yes it is on PS3 as well, I just took that pic from the PS3 page."

fudoka711

Distinguished
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]I bet it will be just as great as Crysis 2[/citation]

Well I would hope its at least as great. It would be hard not to be as great as Crysis 2 because Crysis 2 sucked so much in comparison with the original/warhead.

I'm kind of scared for Crysis 3 (and Far Cry 3). I really hope they learn from their mistakes in the 2nd installment and make the 3rd installment more like the 1st, only better/improved of course.

G

well this is something to keep an eye to...i dont think crytek would be stupid to fu** up twice, no expectations on this though...crysis 2 were a maximum fail

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Well, with the huge change in direction they took from Crysis to Crysis 2, I can only expect more of the same in Crysis 3. Crysis 2 was a bag of ass, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It had nothing to do with the first game. In fact, if you changed a few details and relabeled it, it could have been a completely different game. Had they done so, "Crysis 2" might have been an alright game. As far as I'm concerned, Crysis ended when Crysis 2 was released.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I bought a game from Origin once for its coop gaming play. I come to find out they sell it but don't support it with servers. That was the last game I bought from EA.

[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]So we know it exists, but the question remains:Is the game going to be designed with the superior PC or inferior Xbox 360 in mind?We've seen what Crysis looks like in both scenarios (excellent (Crysis) and sub-par at best (Crysis 2), respectively)- so are they going to make the smart decision or the stupid one?[/citation]

Well, if its New York again, then it's another crappy X360 game. Crysis 2 was set in a city for a reason, to allow level design to be restrictive enough so the feeble X360 VGA could handle some decent graphics. Current generation consoles could never be able to handle the open-world jungle of the first games.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I really enjoyed the first Crysis. When I went to buy the second one I was very quickly put off by the initial reviews. The sites giving it high review scores were downplaying major problems with the game. Sites giving it lower review scores were actually hitting it for its faults instead of trying to gloss over them. The game did not seem like it would live up to its predecessor. I'm so glad I didn't go for it especially considering all the complaints about its multiplayer being hacked to bits.

I want to like Crysis again. However, I don't see any indication that they're going back to the gameplay that made the first one so appealing. The first one let you take your own path. It had big environments with gorgeous visuals. It pushed technology forwards. It had modding capability including custom level design. We all could see the negative influence at EA downgrading the quality and expandability of the second game. I have no doubt the same will happen with this third game.

Crytek should never have teamed up with EA. I wonder if their competitors will get Far Cry 3 right or not. For now I'm just going to get really excited about some indie projects. We're going to start seeing some small companies take on the big guys in the next year.

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Crysis 3= Crysis 2: Warhead...
Had it been released next year, knowing how Crytek hates current consoles and how they have crippled Crysis 2, then it would have been a PC/next-gen game.
Since it is for 360/PS3, then it will most likely be avaible by the end of this year, making the game more of a stand alone expansion pack to Crysis 2 in content.
And with the 3 in the name, then they can sell it full price like a full game.

I hope Crysis 3 is worth buying, otherwise I (and many others, apparently) aren't buying. If it is, I'll finally have a reason other than BF3 to use Origin.

On the side: I think EA would have a bigger market on Steam, but it would kind of be like Microsoft making Office for iOS and selling it on the Apple Market. In the long run it would kill them.

G

+1 Crysis 2 = Maximum fail. Who the heck decided to tame down the game and actually push up the graphic card requirements compared to Crysis 1 (Crysis would run on a Geforce 6800 GT and Crysis 2 required 8800GT, WHY ??). God I hope they give us a good third sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS