Crysis 3 Gets Firm Release Date, Video Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Console port remains a console port = force automatic save, no freedom to save, base on video the gameplay seems CoD inspired like crysis 2 = fail

Crisis 1 IMO, is still the best.

and with steamsales + other sales nowadays + my backlog is growing, I think I can pass this one as well.

innocent bystander

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Crysis 2 was underrated. I thought it was a really good game. Too bad the Ultra setting and DX11 absolutely murdered my Phenom II X4 965 + Radeon 5870 setup... so it was a pleasant surprise that dialing it back to DX9 brought the performance back with no noticeable loss to graphical awesomeness.

Besides, don't knock console ports. They are the reason I'm not computer poor.

IB

JJ1217

Honorable
Oh boy are graphics cards going to be slapped in the face like what Crysis did. I remember reading somewhere that the 690 only got 41.2 FPS maxed out at 1080p. Crazy stuff, and quite scary too. Imagine this game on 1440p, probably going to make everyones eyes implode.

G

Good to see pc gamers getting the love this go round after the part 2 console port. My GTX 680 4gb and 2560 x 1600 display would love to play it.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]JJ1217[/nom]Oh boy are graphics cards going to be slapped in the face like what Crysis did. I remember reading somewhere that the 690 only got 41.2 FPS maxed out at 1080p. Crazy stuff, and quite scary too. Imagine this game on 1440p, probably going to make everyones eyes implode.[/citation]

I'd rather be impressed with gameplay rather than pretty pictures my computer rendered. And I haven't heard anything really on Crysis 3 other than it's more intensive on your machine.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Console port remains a console port = force automatic save, no freedom to save, base on video the gameplay seems CoD inspired like crysis 2 = fail Crisis 1 IMO, is still the best. and with steamsales + other sales nowadays + my backlog is growing, I think I can pass this one as well.[/citation]The original Crysis did have checkpoint saving. But yeah, not being able to save where I was did make Crysis 2 less fun. One of the best parts of Crysis and Crysis Warhead was the ability to save the game and screw around at whatever point of the game I was at.

"What would happen if I put all of these trucks together, chuck oil barrels at them, and shoot the oil barrels?"

abbadon_34

Distinguished
I'm a bit skeptical since this is same engine they used for Crysis 2. I'm amazed by the graphics of Hitman Absolution (Glacier2), Assassin's Creed 3 (AnvilNext), and Far Cry 3 (Dunia2) but have yet to be wow'd by a CryEngine3 game

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]The original Crysis did have checkpoint saving. But yeah, not being able to save where I was did make Crysis 2 less fun. One of the best parts of Crysis and Crysis Warhead was the ability to save the game and screw around at whatever point of the game I was at. "What would happen if I put all of these trucks together, chuck oil barrels at them, and shoot the oil barrels?"[/citation]what would happen if I stack all the trucks together to block the tank b4 the tank come?

And fist kill the whole base without replaying from X spot again. Crysis 2 remove that fun.

year 2012 already we have games without the freedom to save anyway we want....whos stupid idea is this?

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
[citation][nom]kellybean[/nom]Sorry EA but Origin will not be installed on my Gaming Rig.[/citation]

Origin is not bad, it doesn;t get in the way at all. I really do not see what peoples problem is with it. Open up origin, run game, and play. Same as steam. And if you MUST have steam, you can add non steam games to it.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Why are the requirements so high on this game? IMO looking at the trailers it doesn't look that much better than Crysis 1 which came out over five years ago back in 2007. Is it just me?

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I'm an avid and active fan of C2 multiplayer. They've made some interesting changes to C3 based on the Alpha I played but for the most part, the groundwork felt the same. I'm still going to play it because I feel the Crysis series offers more competitive and diverse gameplay style via the nanosuit.

"Additional tech areas that have been enhanced since Crysis 2 are: AI navigation system..."
Please, please... If you have highly trained military combatants/mercenaries... please make sure they don't walk the exact same path in a single file line. You line up the shot, open fire, and they all die w/o any adjustment to aiming. Please, make sure all ai pathing includes staggered/fireteam formations.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]rocknrollz[/nom]Origin is not bad, it doesn;t get in the way at all. I really do not see what peoples problem is with it. Open up origin, run game, and play. Same as steam. And if you MUST have steam, you can add non steam games to it.[/citation]
Still waiting on EA support to get Dead Space 2 working on Origin for me, it's been almost a year if not longer. Works fine on steam, doesn't work on Origin on Win7 64 bit for some reason.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
"Additional tech areas that have been enhanced since Crysis 2 are: AI navigation system, animation system, water, fog volumes, cloud shadows, POM, AA, cloths, vegetation, particles, lens flares and grass."

I wonder if they leased the lens flare generator from star trek, that thing was amazing.

origin is better now than it used to be, remember the infinite loop download? havent experienced any of those now.
the ui response is still a bit slow though but it's tolerable.
ill get this game after reading some reviews

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Crysis 2 was a good game. Graphics are just one of the components of a PC game. Just because a sequel doesn't trump the original in graphics quality, doesn't mean it's a bad game. Console port or not isn't totally my concern

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rocknrollz[/nom]Origin is not bad, it doesn;t get in the way at all. I really do not see what peoples problem is with it. Open up origin, run game, and play. Same as steam. And if you MUST have steam, you can add non steam games to it.[/citation]
Yeah probably the thing that pissed everyone off during the BF3 launch was battlelog, not origin so much. Heck battlelog still pisses me off.

threehosts

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
[citation][nom]innocent bystander[/nom]Crysis 2 was underrated. I thought it was a really good game. Too bad the Ultra setting and DX11 absolutely murdered my Phenom II X4 965 + Radeon 5870 setup... so it was a pleasant surprise that dialing it back to DX9 brought the performance back with no noticeable loss to graphical awesomeness.Besides, don't knock console ports. They are the reason I'm not computer poor.IB[/citation]
So what you are saying is that DX11 is more bloated and less optimized than DX9? Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.