Question CrystalDiskIndo - Health Status question

Tim042

Reputable
Sep 10, 2020
Hi, i got a SSD "refurbished" and the hours on count is 6000 but the life "good" is 99%? I contacted the seller and he said they refurbished it and the hours is the OLD hours not the new after Sandisk? had done it before he sold itto me. So if 6000 hours, ir wouldnt be reading 99% , more likely 80% or much lower so could he be telling the truth but why didnt the manufacturer reset the hours if they put in fresh unworn memory chips if thats what wears out in "life%" . Any ideas? I cant find a contact for CDinfo to ask them.

Thanks

Tim042

Reputable
Sep 10, 2020
Hi, i got a SSD "refurbished" and the hours on count is 6000 but the life "good" is 99%? I contacted the seller and he said they refurbished it and the hours is the OLD hours not the new after Sandisk? had done it before he sold itto me. So if 6000 hours, ir wouldnt be reading 99% , more likely 80% or much lower so could he be telling the truth but why didnt the manufacturer reset the hours if they put in fresh unworn memory chips if thats what wears out in "life%" . Any ideas? I cant find a contact for CDinfo to ask them.

Thanks

Thanks
That's not how "Health" works, it's just a rough estimate that takes in account other things like bytes read/written , any errors or on/off cycles, how close to declared TBW. It's also subject to test program's evaluation.
I doubt anything physical was done to that disk but only deep erased data. If they had to change anything, they would have to change firmware too and that would reset all counters too.