Crytek: No Crysis 2 This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]downer88[/nom]Great, now "But will it run Crysis?" questions for old consoles.[/citation]

Time for a new benchmark game

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Aerobernardo[/nom]We still can't run the first Crysis and they bomb us another one...[/citation]

Well, Crysis Warhead was a step "back" from Crysis, just "optimizing" (actually toning down) the original graphics from Crysis.

tektek2000

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Crysis... DX10 and Vista.. 3 things that need eachother to be the best Game out there.. yet.. each one cancels the other out... thanks..
but pong had a longer shelf life than Crysis did!

Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 when it eventually hits retail shelves.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this won't be a port from console to PC like GTAIV,etc. [citation][nom]tektek2000[/nom]Crysis... DX10 and Vista.. 3 things that need eachother to be the best Game out there.. yet.. each one cancels the other out... thanks..but pong had a longer shelf life than Crysis did![/citation]
Win7 should be better than Vista :p

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I wonder if the PC version will run on DX11? I hope other game Developers make games with Cryengine 3 like a WWII game or modern Combat.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]Well, Crysis Warhead was a step "back" from Crysis, just "optimizing" (actually toning down) the original graphics from Crysis.[/citation]

warhead has better graphics than crysis and runs at the same fps, meaning it IS better optimized. maybe u should play both before commenting.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]warhead has better graphics than crysis and runs at the same fps, meaning it IS better optimized. maybe u should play both before commenting.[/citation]

Same graphics same engine better FPS, maybe you should play both games before commenting.

Crysis had amazing graphics and the gameplay had HIGH potential but they got to wrapped up in the graphics to give it a good story better weapons and alot of other things it needed. Hopefully this one will be better.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
ummm. to be clear, i find it very hard to believe that it will be able to look better than - or even as good as - crysis AND run on the consoles. my 8800gt struggles with it, and it has 5 to 10 TIMES the fill rate of the console gfx cards, i mean im fairly confident there are ALOT of optimizations that can be made to the original crysis tech, but i still think it will be a bit much.

i'm actually very interested to see how this all works out. will the successors to the most technically advanced/demanding PC game (EVARRR!!) turn out to be some crappy console port?

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
damit... why do the consoles get to have our awesome game Crysis but we get shity console ports like halo, shadowrun, dead space, ect...

oh well, im sure theyre gonna have to turn some quality levels down on those ancient consoles

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I don't want to see Crysis 2 until the REAL nmext-gen CryEngine is finished. The current CryEngine 3 is CryEngine 2 optimized for consoles. So, what is the name for the real next-gen engine anyway?
I'm guessing I'll see this in late 2011/2012.

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
I was happy with the original. My rig runs it on high 1680x1050 (noAA) pretty smoothly, and it still looks better then any game out there imo.

This is just one of those games that I can't get enough of the single player. There are so many different approaches, and different attack combination. Can't wait for Crysis 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.