Crytek Working on DirectX 11 Patch After All

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A company doesn't owe the consumer? What country are you from??? A Coca-Cola should taste like a Coca-Cola every single time, and if a Coca-Cola did not taste like a Coca-Cola every single time, then Coca-Cola would not be Coca-Cola today. That is capitalism. Crytek fails at capitalism. I hope they go bankrupt. Lesson learned. Invisible hand. Don't Cry(tek).

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
@ V8VENOM

I didn't play most of them, cause i didn't have time. I'm no teenager..... I even gave my Xbox 360 to a friend, so he can enjoy those games.
And by the way, all this "get a life" thing on the internet is old and annoying. Maybe you're the person not having a life, since you're writing half book to say something which is irrelevant. You can do this with few words, it's not hard you know....

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]universalremonster[/nom]But, Crysis wouldn't be Crysis I guess without MAXIMUM DRAMA.[/citation]
For real, I mean come on, it's just an f-ing game!

agamemnon_71

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
"maybe its time for the hardware companies to become their own game devs...... that might keep the pc gamer from getting left behind....and hardware sales from slumping from weak games."

I totally agree; But, the problem with that might be a lack of optimization instead, trying to force people into bying the latest hardware to play the games.

mpioca

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
[citation][nom]universalremonster[/nom]Haha wow... Can most of you exagerate anymore possibly? Why is it when the internet sheep try to express how they like/dislike anything it's always extremes? Everything is either a 1 or a 10. (in my best nerd rage voice) "Awww gooshh...those crytek scum how dare they release this utter complete turd awwww gosh my eyes bleed as I look at the terrrrrible graphics awww gosh what total shit game play....blah blah blah. At WORST, this game is very average. When Crysis 1 came out EVERYONE cried about not being able to run it at max settings. Crysis 2 comes out and every cries about it not pushing boundaries beyond our current hardware. It's a lose lose no matter what is released. Personally? I'm on the side of give me something my current hardware can't run on max settings... but I'm also capable of seeing that all Crytek did was answer the overwhelming complaints of part 1 being too hardware intensive. They TRIED to do what most of their customers asked for... But, Crysis wouldn't be Crysis I guess without MAXIMUM DRAMA. I played the game. I played Crysis 1, and Warhead. I liked them all for different reasons. I'll be downloading the DX11 patch and will enjoy it.[/citation]

You are most right that people complained about the incredible hardware requirements Crysis had back then. But the processing power greatly increased since 2007 and it would be refreshing to see a demanding game amongst the numerous console ports we have. The playground has changed quite a bit in the last 3 years IMO. That's why some people feel being let down by Crytek. They wanted Crysis 2 to be another milestone in gaming graphics that would prompt other DEVs to create graphically up-to-date(for PC of course) games.

dillonpeterliam

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2011
When the previous game (almost 4 years ago) looks better than the current, people HAVE got a right to be upset and/or annoyed.

Console killed the PC Star!

G

I thoroughly enjoyed Crysis 2. I played through Crysis and Warhead, and was looking forward to Crysis 2 - I was not disappointed.

I find it sad how many people find it necessary to run down a new game, especially people who haven't played it.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
[citation][nom]Playing not whining[/nom]I thoroughly enjoyed Crysis 2. I played through Crysis and Warhead, and was looking forward to Crysis 2 - I was not disappointed.I find it sad how many people find it necessary to run down a new game, especially people who haven't played it.[/citation]

I played it and it stinks. thankfully i played it on somebody else's PC and saved myself some $$

It's not all about the graphics, the physics and the gameplay. granted, the graphics are worse if not the same than the original. the physics clearly aren't as good as they were. The storyline and gameplay are both very linear. It's about buying a quality product that improves upon the first. I'm not going to buy a new FIFA if the database is from 2007 and they've taken away both options and the fun factor of the current game. It's ass-backwards. Crysis 2 was a step in the opposite direction for a majority of it's core fan base in an attempt to pander to a wider audience and save themselves some money, while *hopefully* making more money.

Battlefield 3 is starting with dx11 and if they release a console version it'll be a port down from dx11 > dx9. If you want to have good gameplay and graphics built for your PC don't buy shitty console ports in the beginning. Personally, I don't like being treated as the ugly read-headed stepchild.

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Wow. They've announced a direct x 11 patch and there are still people on here crying. Give them some credit.

I've been waiting for this patch before I play single player. The multiplayer is excellent. It's better than COD4 and Halo. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.