[SOLVED] Csgo low fps with high end pc

Jan 4, 2020
Hey guys,
When i go on youtube i see people with worst spec gettings 500+ fps on csgo, i'm only getting a consistent 240 fps
i play on 4:3 1280x960

Specs
Asus strix rtx 2080 ti ( oc'ed )
Z390-f gaming
I7 8700k @4.9

Solution
Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings:
DSR: Off
Low Latency Mode: Off
Max Frame Rate: Off
Power Management Mode: Either Adaptive or Max
Vertical Sync: Off
Apply, then exit NVCP

Updated Windows.
Updated motherboard drivers.
Updated Gpu drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller.
Windows Power Plan set to high performance.
PC is free of software bloat, aka 3rd party software that isn't used for monitoring the PC's performance.
PC is free of viruses/malware.

You need to fix the dual channel mode issue too, but if you don't have any thermal paste lying around, then nothing you can do about it until you can get more.
Dual channel is even more crucial in cpu bound scenarios.

I know that but still I am no where near the results i need...
Jan 4, 2020
Move the memory into the A2/B2 slots of the motherboard and then go into the BIOS and enable XMP. This will ensure the memory is running at the correct speed, voltage & timings which may help with those dips.
I will try to do that but i just dont wanne remove my cooler bc i dont have any pasta laying around to reput on it. or can you remove it and just place it back without changing the cooling pasta

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm just kinda surprised considering CSGO and Minecraft are both pretty old and that there's no tried and true guides for that sort of thing.
There are multiple threads here weekly regarding one or the other.

The cooler's big enough that only removing the fan doesn't provide enough clearance to move the ram?

WildCard999

Titan
I'm just kinda surprised considering CSGO and Minecraft are both pretty old and that there's no tried and true guides for that sort of thing.
I don't think there's too many guides out there because the claims of 500+ FPS are bull, you only see those on YT and we all know how trustworthy that is...

Plus there's got to be some sort of negative impact by the monitor playing at 4:3 on a lower resolution with such high end hardware. While it may help increase some FPS the usage must still be quite low.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think there's too many guides out there because the claims of 500+ FPS are bull, you only see those on YT and we all know how trustworthy that is...
Oh, I know, but the e-peen denies the voices of reason. 120, 240... it's not enough.

Plus there's got to be some sort of negative impact by the monitor playing at 4:3 on a lower resolution with such high end hardware. While it may help increase some FPS the usage must still be quite low.
OH DEFINITELY. I think it's pretty embarrassing seeing that combination of hardware and settings.

Jan 4, 2020
There are multiple threads here weekly regarding one or the other.

The cooler's big enough that only removing the fan doesn't provide enough clearance to move the ram?
I will check that in a second

Jan 4, 2020

i tried 4:3 and 16:9 there is no change in fps, if i put my settings on high or low they only differ from about 10 fps

Jan 4, 2020
Oh, I know, but the e-peen denies the voices of reason. 120, 240... it's not enough.

OH DEFINITELY. I think it's pretty embarrassing seeing that combination of hardware and settings.
I use 4:3 for 3 reasons
  1. I like it more then 16:9
  2. I can see better ( all the models are bigger and its easier to aim)
  3. i used to have bad hardware so i had to play stretched and i just cant switch back

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Apply, then exit NVCP

Updated Windows.
PC is free of software bloat, aka 3rd party software that isn't used for monitoring the PC's performance.

You need to fix the dual channel mode issue too, but if you don't have any thermal paste lying around, then nothing you can do about it until you can get more.

I know that but still I am no where near the results i need to get with my hardware.
That's the direction most of these CSGO and Minecraft threads end up going... with the solution yet to be found.
I wouldn't be surprised if those crazy numbers require making certain sacrifices beyond the norm.

Solution
Jan 4, 2020
Apply, then exit NVCP

Updated Windows.

That's the direction most of these CSGO and Minecraft threads end up going... with the solution yet to be found.
I wouldn't be surprised if those crazy numbers require making certain sacrifices beyond the norm.
Okay i gained 15 ish fps thats great already ( i will do the ram tommorow i dont have time today to do it