[SOLVED] Csgo, OSU!, hades doesn't crash. But apex, bf4, tarkov does.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
Hello, so i was playing perfectly fine last week and half of Saturday to only have my games crash, at least the high graphics ones. Before i keep going here are my specs.

ryzen 5 5600x
Corsair vengeance 3200hz
Gtx 1050ti
ROG b550-f
750w PSU
Samsung EVO m.2 500gb
And a 500gb HDD

I’ve tried deleting the AMD drivers that may have been interfering with my invidia drivers while launching. while it made me get further into my apex main menu, it crashes after clicking settings or rather anything to that nature. I’ve tried deleting possible programs interfering with mem, chkdsk for both drives. CPU stays 43c idle and 50+ when i launch a game. Normal temps. Looked at ram, around 40 to 50% range when in apex, is that too high? i have D.O.C.P enabled now, even without it, still no dice. I’ve update my bios to the stable 2401 version, I’ve reinstalled invidia drivers. Check reliability stats and had something saying faulting application path: c:\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Apex Legends\r5apex.exe

problem event: BEX64
Fault module name: stackhash_56f5
F.Mode version 0.0.0.0

i don’t see how it’s my GPU or CPU if CS:GO is running. It’s obvious something graphics wise yes, but could it be program wise? please help. I’ve bought new parts for my PC only for it to work for a week and not let me do anything.
my oc worked for a week last time i “fixed” it but for sum reason had to get a new motherboard. I feel technology hates me lately. I treat it right and i get nothing but dirt and anger.

Solution
F.Mode version 0.0.0.0

A BEX error is a “Buffer Overflow Exception”. This error is typically raised when Microsoft Windows detects that a program tries to put more data than possible in a region of memory. This is the computer equivalent of overfilling a glass with water until the water spills over

its an application error, in that its a problem with the program. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
F.Mode version 0.0.0.0

A BEX error is a “Buffer Overflow Exception”. This error is typically raised when Microsoft Windows detects that a program tries to put more data than possible in a region of memory. This is the computer equivalent of overfilling a glass with water until the water spills over

its an application error, in that its a problem with the program. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it again.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

I’ve uninstalled it before still happened. Now freezing and blinking black screen on windows setup

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
Are you still seeing this error:

"Check reliability stats and had something saying faulting application path: c:\programfiles(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Apex Legends\r5apex.exe "

Any overclocking? If so stop all overclocking and determine if the system remains stable while playing games.
Installed to login, and every program I’ve opened lags the hell out of my PC but my ram and CPU are staying below 10% usage. Installing windows is supposed to fix this right? I’m not seeing it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So you reinstalled win 10?
Do you have newest drivers or BIOS from Asus?
newest chipset drivers? - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550
is it like that in safe mode?
  1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose startup options
  7. click the restart button
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  9. Pc will restart and load safe mode
if its a clean install it should be super fast
do you have Samsung NVME drivers?
look here under NVME drivers
Also download magician and run it on nvme

run diagnostics on drive (in magician)

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
newest chipset drivers? - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  8. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.

4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced

That’s the thing, I’m in windows setup rn. On the account screen and it’s just blue. I’ve redownloaded the creation tool, both in NTFS and fat32 and neither has worked. Every time i try to fix something it just gets worse and worse.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced

My parts are working perfectly fine. Temps are perfect. Something with windows is wrong. It has to be. Everything in my pc is new and it WOULD NOT be running if there was an issue with any of the parts. I’ve searched every term in the book on google and NO ONE seems to have my problem. Nor does it seem anyone has a fix.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
so it goes through 1st part of install, restarts and leaves you on a blue screen where you should be setting up accounts?
Well in general when i restart and try to install it lags and freezes at some point in the setup process either at internet settings which doesn’t even give me an option, or account. When i click ANY option it freezes or sometimes even when i move my mouse. Makes no sense. It was working like a beast last week. Everything updated. RANDOMLY started having problems out of no where. Wasn’t able to play tarkov at first. Was trying to fix that. But after that everything started dying. Apex, csgo the other day, now i can’t even launch windows without any issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
ryzen 5 5600x
Corsair vengeance 3200hz
Gtx 1050ti
ROG b550-f
750w PSU
Samsung EVO m.2 500gb
And a 500gb HDD

thats why i looked at hardware. Windows doesn't do this unless there is a hardware problem.

so it copies all the info onto drive, and restarts and it after restart it goes wrong. both of those stages of the install its running off the nvme. Maybe the problem is the drive itself. It works perfectly fine in install until you try to run off the drive

could run an ubuntu live usb and check PC works okay off it. Could be a bad nvme - https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/ (I just mean to run off USB, not install it)

this is just for a reference. I know its not your board but the bios section of your manual is a joke and at least this has more info, they both use same bios commands mostly - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/.../E15826_ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING_UM_v2_WEB.pdf

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
thats why i looked at hardware. Windows doesn't do this unless there is a hardware problem.

so it copies all the info onto drive, and restarts and it after restart it goes wrong. both of those stages of the install its running off the nvme. Maybe the problem is the drive itself. It works perfectly fine in install until you try to run off the drive

could run an ubuntu live usb and check PC works okay off it. Could be a bad nvme - https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-of-ubuntu-in-windows/ (I just mean to run off USB, not install it)

this is just for a reference. I know its not your board but the bios section of your manual is a joke and at least this has more info, they both use same bios commands mostly - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/.../E15826_ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING_UM_v2_WEB.pdf
And if my drive is bad, how could that be being that i bought it recently, havnt put it through anything, loads fast as hell still. any way to fix? Also i ran mem test before my windows went out. It said my ram,HDD, And SSD were fine.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

So I’ve bought a new 1tb drive and installed it. I’m still having problems with windows setup black screening and freezing and such. Can’t get past it smoothly at all. Tried using different ram, different GPU, cleaned my CPU, reset CMOS, downloaded in FAT32 and NTFS. should i install the new bios update that’s a beta? Or will that ruin my MOBO. I’ve tried basically everything. I literally have a new PC now since buy a drive. All search results i get are “how to stop your windows from freezing”.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
As of yesterday i have a new pc.
And i still have the problems i started with. Have made several threads but nothing seems to help, but i think I’ve narrowed it down to be, i possibly don’t have drivers installed, or the windows creation tool I’m downloading is broken.

specs:
asus b550-f
Ryzen 5 5600x
Gtx 1050ti
Corsair 750w semi modular
Corsair vengeance LPX 3200hz 16gb (8x8gbs)
Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB
Seagate HDD 500gb

now I’m going to give my best description to help your brain out.

i was having issues originally with games launching and crashing. Thinking it was AMD and INVIDIA drivers clashing with each other i uninstalled AMD being that i have a invidia GPU. After that there were no signs of fixing. So i decided to reset windows and get a genuine winpro key, just in case my old windows key was broken cause that happens. After going through first installation, buttery smooth. loads fast and makes me think highly of m.2. After that it loads , “getting ready” goes all the way to setup with account, keyboard, internet and all that. When i get there is when my problems start.

there only a few junctures that happen.
mill move my mouse and it’ll act like it’s loading with the windows loading circle in mouse, and then will freeze and bring me back to beginning of the setup process. It dosnt fully crash my PC. I’ve gotten past it once, but after getting into windows, every time i clicked anything it lagged windows, i managed to open memtest, and check my CPU for issues. Zilch. Nothing is wrong. Cpu is at cool 38-41c, GPU is at 42c, ram is running at 7% (all idle).

i made a thread the other day, and said it can’t be hardware issue. Someone said it has to be. Now i say there is no way it can be. i tried two different GPUS in my MOBO. Same issue. Different ram same company and collection. Same thing. Disabled HDD and installed windows. Nope. changed the time and date on MOBO. It dosnt stick and didn’t work.

i literally have no other way in thinking of a possible fix other than the drivers.
But i can’t do that without windows. I have all my drivers installed on a usb as you see this, i tried using ez flash 3, all the files show up, but i can’t update it. Which makes me think if there’s a way i can make them into a .cap file, or if even possible. Or if you smart folk have any way of getting me to update the drivers.

it’s next on my list, but it’s also the last. I’ve bought several things to fix this, as i said above, i now have a new pc from trying to fix this. Now that’s not bad in one aspect, it’s brain pounding in the other. I havnt played on my pc consistently for 2months now. and im getting really irritated. I NEED A HEEEEEROOOOOOO!

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
I’m fairly certain i have. I typed in “windows creation tool” clicked the first windows link and downloaded the tool. Is there a list of windows update tools i can use? Doubt it
UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!
So i went through the grueling slow process of windows lagging and downloaded fully. Installed LAN driver and installed chipst, it downloaded armoury so that means it downloaded the rest. After that i downloaded the latest windows updates as soon as i could just invade the PC crashed. Originally before updating, i would click a program and it would freeze, but with patience i ended up getting these things done. After that no more lagging. I am going to download apex rn and see if the problem i had before persists. If not then my problem has been fixed. I will come back with the final results!!!

Reactions: Colif

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!
So i went through the grueling slow process of windows lagging and downloaded fully. Installed LAN driver and installed chipst, it downloaded armoury so that means it downloaded the rest. After that i downloaded the latest windows updates as soon as i could just invade the PC crashed. Originally before updating, i would click a program and it would freeze, but with patience i ended up getting these things done. After that no more lagging. I am going to download apex rn and see if the problem i had before persists. If not then my problem has been fixed. I will come back with the final results!!!
Update!
so no more lag officially. But I’m back to my original problem. My games keep crashing. Going to install invidia drivers now, and see if standard windows drivers are good to go. Any recommendations let me know. 1 step closer