[SOLVED] CSGO poor performance

markobogdanovic476

Reputable
Jan 13, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have two,rather weird problems happening for some time in csgo:
First off all,I am achieving rather poor performance on powerful pc (for 1080p).My settings are all maxed.
I am usually sitting in like range 120-170fps when in action (wont take in count occasional 200+fps when standing or looking in specific place). Since I want to achieve 144fps,anything above that doesnt matter to me more or less,but I am bothered by this high fluctuations,not to mentions,for my pc I am supposed to constantly have 144+ so whats the problem.Even if you'd argue that I am getting 'just as expected' fps that doesnt explain fluctuations.And theres another problem:when lowering settings,or putting them all to low,performance is even worse and theres like 0fps gained. I checked nvidia settings but nothing.For example I just yesterday finished doom eternal max settings with nearly constant 135-150fps.
Any ideas?
PC specs:
GTX 1660 , i5 7500 , 2x8GB ddr4 hyperx fury 2400mhz , asus b250g, wb green 240gb ssd

Solution
csgo is CPU sensitive for high FPS, could be some background app running, slowing down your PC
could be some security feature enabled (in bios and in windows)

well lets start with userbenchmark, to see how your PC runs now
once finished testing, web page will open with result, copy that web URL (from adress bar) and paste it here
All sounds about right. CS GO is predominantly cpu bound especially when run a good gpu like the 1660. This means that lowering game settings won’t increase FPS as you are going to be limited by the maximum FPS the cpu can produce.

FPS in games do fluctuate depending on what is happening. There can also be significant differences from one map to the next.

I don’t see anything immediately wrong with the performance you are getting.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
csgo is CPU sensitive for high FPS, could be some background app running, slowing down your PC

once finished testing, web page will open with result, copy that web URL (from adress bar) and paste it here

Solution

markobogdanovic476

Reputable
Jan 13, 2019

Sorry for delayed response,I dont get notifications?
Anyway here are results https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48488067
I dont know why it says that I am missing ssd, maybe its error.But results look good.I just cant believe that cpu might be that bad.
I played gta v yesterday and I only could run it in like 70 fps with normal/high settings.And cpu utilization was like 60% all the time.
Nvidia optimization always suggest my max setting on nearly all games and same thing was for gta.
Anyway,I am disappointed for csgo,especially after seeing so many people can achieve like 200fps with no sweat.Is 4c/4t really that bad.

Sorry for delayed response,I dont get notifications?
Anyway here are results https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48488067
I dont know why it says that I am missing ssd, maybe its error.But results look good.I just cant believe that cpu might be that bad.
I played gta v yesterday and I only could run it in like 70 fps with normal/high settings.And cpu utilization was like 60% all the time.
Nvidia optimization always suggest my max setting on nearly all games and same thing was for gta.
Anyway,I am disappointed for csgo,especially after seeing so many people can achieve like 200fps with no sweat.Is 4c/4t really that bad.
its looking fine
i wouldnt bother with GTA5 if you have 60fps+, its old game, but you can check video below for settings for 100fps+ gameplay
here some random youtube with i5-7400 and your gpu combo, cpu clocked at 3.3GHz is few mhz below what you have
View: https://youtu.be/E4cKtI3PtkY?t=1050

here you can see 1%low dips to ~74fps with gpu usage at 50%

4x/4t is not bad for cs go as the game can only use 4t but it does mean those 4t are running Windows and all other applications at the same time. Add to this the i5 7500 cores were fairly average performing when the cpu was new, newer CPU’s can have both higher clockspeed and higher IPC which will directly relate to higher fps in a game like cs go.

mkolsen

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
There are so many different tweaks and tricks u can do to increase your overall csgo performance without actually spending money, but seeing as there are so many, i'd recommend u find a guide to the optimal Nvidia CP options, Power plan options, launch options, windows options and so on, for highest possible FPS.

If you do want to spend money, buy urself a new CPU.