Feb 4, 2022
Hi All,

I've had this issue persist for about a year and a half now... and am starting to think that CSGO just hates me and doing this on purpose lol (because I have literally switched every component along with a year and a half of software troubleshooting and the stuttering continues). I have not noticed any stuttering in other games such as Warzone, Valorant and Apex.
Specs:

GPU: Nividia RTX 3070 TI FE
CPU: Intel Core I5 11400 (had it RMA'd still same stutter)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16gb 3200 XMP enabled (originally had silicon PowerX zenith 16gb 3200)
MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B560M
PSU: EVGA GT 850W (upgraded twice)
SSD1: Samsung 980 500gb
SSD2 : Kingston 240GB
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 170hz Freesync (g-sync compatible)

Stuff I have tried:
DDU - installed and reinstalled graphics driver many times.
GeForce Experience - Updated graphics drivers regularly
Nvidia control panel - Messed with settings using many recommended tips from well known guides.
G-sync - Turned on and off gsync as stuttering continues (i cant tell if its worse or better but the stuttering was for sure there).
V-sync - With both v-sync and G-sync enabled and capping my FPS to 165 the game felt a bit smoother, but stuttering was still there and I really felt the input lag. I have also played CS GO on previous machines at 200-300FPS on a 60hz monitor and did not have stutters.
Component replacements - Listed which components were replaced in the specs section

Worth mentioning: CS GO used to crash my whole computer (or crash to desktop) when I had my old RAM installed (Silicon Power X) the stutters were also there. When I switched to corsair, it stopped crashing but the stutters continue.

A year and a half later... and I feel defeated, so if anybody can please help me out?

Last edited:
This definitely seems most likely a game issue, and not your Hardware. I doubt CS:GO can also cause a system crash. But anyways, experiment with some of the tips which I'm listing below. How is your Internet speed/connection by the way ?

But before doing that, first try the suggestion posted by 'Lutfij' like mentioned above.

Download the CS:GO Beta Depot Update.

This fix is exclusively for Nvidia users. Valve noticed a while back that many players with Nvidia GPUs were experiencing CS:GO stuttering with high FPS. This means that while their hardware was more than up to the task, they were having trouble interfacing with the CS:GO software.

CSGO-Betas.png.webp

There is an update that players can download as part of the CS:GO Beta Depot released in March. According to Steam Support,

“To opt into Beta depots:
  1. Open the Steam client and navigate to your LIBRARY.
  2. Right-click on CS:GO and select ‘Properties’.
  3. Click on the BETAS tab.
  4. Select the beta you would like to opt into through the drop-down box.
  5. You will be prompted to restart your client. After restarting, launch CS:GO to play the game with its Beta changes.”
You can always opt back out through the BETAS tab if this doesn’t resolve your problem.

Check Your Launch Options.

Launch options are settings that are automatically applied whenever you launch a game. Many of these are known culprits of stuttering in CS:GO.

To change your launch options, start by opening Steam. Next, navigate to CS:GO in your library. Right click on the title, then click “Properties.” This will open a new window. Now click “Set Launch Options.”

CSGO-Launch-Options-How-to-Fix-Stuttering-in-CSGO.png.webp

This window will allow you to enter several different commands that inform the game of what protocols to activate at launch. Here is a list of commands to help improve your game performance.

For better performance overall: -tickrate 128 +fps_max 0 -novid -nojoy

For improved FPS: +fps_max 0 -nojoy -high -fullscreen +mat_disable_fancy_blending 1 +cl_forcepreload 1 -limitvsconst -forcenovsync +r_dynamic 0

Copy-paste your chosen command list into the Set Launch Options window to activate them. Try the better performance option first to see if that fixes the problem. The improved FPS option disables a lot of GPU-intensive processes like dynamic lighting.

It’s best only to use it if low frame-rates are the cause of your game stuttering; otherwise, you’ll be sacrificing game features for little to no improvement.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? It might very well be the game, though have you tried reinstalling the game? Which drive is the game residing on? How old is the PSU, again?
Hi Lutfij,

I have tried reinstalling the game on every single drive (two different SSDs and one hard drive). I have updated bios pretty recently, version 1601. PSU is a couple of months old.

Feb 4, 2022
This definitely seems most likely a game issue, and not your Hardware. I doubt CS:GO can also cause a system crash. But anyways, experiment with some of the tips which I'm listing below. How is your Internet speed/connection by the way ?

But before doing that, first try the suggestion posted by 'Lutfij' like mentioned above.

Download the CS:GO Beta Depot Update.

This fix is exclusively for Nvidia users. Valve noticed a while back that many players with Nvidia GPUs were experiencing CS:GO stuttering with high FPS. This means that while their hardware was more than up to the task, they were having trouble interfacing with the CS:GO software.

CSGO-Betas.png.webp

There is an update that players can download as part of the CS:GO Beta Depot released in March. According to Steam Support,

“To opt into Beta depots:
  1. Open the Steam client and navigate to your LIBRARY.
  2. Right-click on CS:GO and select ‘Properties’.
  3. Click on the BETAS tab.
  4. Select the beta you would like to opt into through the drop-down box.
  5. You will be prompted to restart your client. After restarting, launch CS:GO to play the game with its Beta changes.”
You can always opt back out through the BETAS tab if this doesn’t resolve your problem.

Check Your Launch Options.

Launch options are settings that are automatically applied whenever you launch a game. Many of these are known culprits of stuttering in CS:GO.

To change your launch options, start by opening Steam. Next, navigate to CS:GO in your library. Right click on the title, then click “Properties.” This will open a new window. Now click “Set Launch Options.”

CSGO-Launch-Options-How-to-Fix-Stuttering-in-CSGO.png.webp

This window will allow you to enter several different commands that inform the game of what protocols to activate at launch. Here is a list of commands to help improve your game performance.

For better performance overall: -tickrate 128 +fps_max 0 -novid -nojoy

For improved FPS: +fps_max 0 -nojoy -high -fullscreen +mat_disable_fancy_blending 1 +cl_forcepreload 1 -limitvsconst -forcenovsync +r_dynamic 0

Copy-paste your chosen command list into the Set Launch Options window to activate them. Try the better performance option first to see if that fixes the problem. The improved FPS option disables a lot of GPU-intensive processes like dynamic lighting.

It’s best only to use it if low frame-rates are the cause of your game stuttering; otherwise, you’ll be sacrificing game features for little to no improvement.
Beta version didn't help, still getting stuttering. startup commands didn't help either unfortunately.

Well, that's a bummer if none of the tips listed above worked in your case. Usually the LAUNCH parameter options help in stuttering in most of the cases, if not all.

This appears to be a CS:GO game-related issue, and not your system/PC. If other games don't stutter then we can safely assume this is a game's optimization problem.

Dec 20, 2022
Hi pwnunow this posts really helps me as i have a really similar issue, i just have upgraded my PC build to a 3070 from PNY; previously a 3050 OC From Gigabyte i have a 16 GB of ram in one slot and a i5 11400, i have 2 monitors one of 34 and one of 27", My Power supplie is a MSI 650W.

I been having the same issue while playing BF1 i have not tried in any other game as i only have 4 days with this new GPU, but i been having the same issues.

Tried everything that was on my hands, drivers, stress test, extra fan for overheating, and so. After investigation my thoughts are that maybe our GPU make a bootleneck to the CPU, Then the CPU Overheats and then by default and protection the computer reboots to low the temperature.

If you monitor your GPU and CPU while you play and having different taks and processes in the background you will notice that the CPU usage is 100% and the GPU no more than the 30-40%. (I have done it with MSI after burn and the task manager)

This makes me think about the bootle neck and maybe the solution is to use water cooling to the CPU or buying a better CPU that can work with the RTX 3070. I have not tried this solutions as i just bought a 34" 4K and a RTX 3070. So i would need to wait a couple paychecks to get a better CPU with water cooling.

If you find any solution or have any other idea i would greatly appreciate the input as i have the exact same issue.

As well i found this reddit thread with the same issue, and the people advised to upgrade PSU aswell however you said that didnt work.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/noi8rs/low_performance_and_lag_spikes_with_2506_x_1440p/

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022
Hi! i have come back i have change my PC power settings from balance to performance, and i have added xrp mode to the MOBO in the BIOS for full ram capacity and i made a HDD check on CMD. And i have been able to play BF1 And all my AAA Games for hours without random shutdowns or the Kernel error 10 type 64. I think i was able to fix it.