[SOLVED] Cursor Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerski

Commendable
Nov 26, 2019
My cursor lags on most programs (Photoshop, Blender etc) when i right click on it for about 2 seconds until it "snaps" and the color shifts a bit brighter and the lag goes away. This makes using Photoshop difficult or making models in Blender such a hassle because i have to right click all the time, and that lag sets me off. I know for sure it's not a problem with the specific program, because it happens on multiple programs like Photoshop and Blender (but this issue doesn't occur on games, even intensive ones. hmm.)

It doesn't happen when I first open Photoshop, only when I open a file or create a new one. But as I said above- the lag only happens when I right click, and stops suddenly until I click again. My thought process was that this is a display/monitor issue, because of the shift in colors, but I don't know what. The HDR on my monitor is kind of clunky, but it's turned off; I opened Blender with HDR on and right clicked, made no difference. My specs are pretty high end, but I am kind of running low on my 2TB drive- pretty sure that's not it. My GPU drivers are up to date, my Windows 10 updates are also up to date, i think- it was trying to automatically install an insider update, which had previously blackscreened my PC and made me restore.. no thanks.

I've searched all over the internet and can't find an answer, the replication process is kind of specific, so that's why I couldn't find much on it. If someone can help you would save my life x(
[I also tried to include a video of the color shift and mouse lag, but when I looked at the video, it seemed completely fine- no lag, and no color shift.]

SPECS:
CPU: i9-9900k
GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 TI Extreme Amp Core
MOBO: MSI Meg Z390 Godlike LGA1151 DDR4
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (4x8) DDR4
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2TB + 500GB model i don't really use
MONITOR: Asus Rog Swift PG35VQ

Solution
Solved, G-SYNC was the issue. It was having issues with my display [and most over 144hz] because of it trying to apply G-SYNC onto a low FPS program which isn't designed for G-SYNC (im pretty sure). Which is why it sticks out, because of the drop in refresh rate, since the monitor is 144hz or above.
Simple fix is to go into Nvidia Control Panel and Set Up G-SYNC, and check Enable for full screen mode, that way G-SYNC doesn't apply on windowed programs.

aerski

Commendable
Nov 26, 2019
Solved, G-SYNC was the issue. It was having issues with my display [and most over 144hz] because of it trying to apply G-SYNC onto a low FPS program which isn't designed for G-SYNC (im pretty sure). Which is why it sticks out, because of the drop in refresh rate, since the monitor is 144hz or above.
Simple fix is to go into Nvidia Control Panel and Set Up G-SYNC, and check Enable for full screen mode, that way G-SYNC doesn't apply on windowed programs.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.