Cursor not controllable prior to login

Feb 16, 2018
I'm working on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 computer whose cursor is not controllable by any means (touchpad, touchscreen, mouse) until you log in. Specifically, the cursor flits around in seemingly random motion before returning to the center of the screen. I have tried removing and reinstalling drivers to no avail (though I haven't actually deleted any drivers off the system, since the Panasonic support site doesn't seem to have drivers available).

I feel like this can't possibly be a hardware issue, since the cursor works fine once you get past the login screen. Any other advice?

Solution
Try disabling the touchpad completely in device manager and using USB mouse. Reboot and see if the problem occurs.

I would contact Panasonic and see if they can give you the drivers. A complete driver removal and reinstall would be ideal.

jr9

Estimable
Try disabling the touchpad completely in device manager and using USB mouse. Reboot and see if the problem occurs.

I would contact Panasonic and see if they can give you the drivers. A complete driver removal and reinstall would be ideal.

Solution