Curved Samsung Galaxy Round (Unofficially) Coming to USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

seshysama

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
"Ok guys, lets take our flagship phone, add a slight, useless curve thats only a wow factor, then DOUBLE the price!" Samsung, your products are top notch, but you have such a terrible advertising and PR group..

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Yeah ...a phone I can roll-up and wrinkle. Might be fun to play geo-caching with my son using a "real" treasure map. Argh!

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, you're bashing something you have never even seen. The curve is not just some gimmick, it is there for a reason.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/169757-why-curved-smartphone-screens-massively-increase-image-quality-reduce-reflections

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
@dns7950
doesn't matter if it cuts down on the reflections, I'm still not going for the 'fixed' curve display.
Things look better when they're laying down flat. I'll wait for the flexible screens.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I don't think the price is expensive due to it's rarity. I think it's an effect of the low volume of these units that they're manufacturing. With the Note 3 or S4 they sell millions and millions and they can lower costs of manufacturing to lower the price of the phone. For a phone like this with a screen and battery tech not in any other phone they make the cost of production per phone rises and so does the cost to the consumer.

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009

To each his own. I personally think a flexible screen would be more of a gimmick than this. I can't imagine a situation where I would need or want it, and it probably would make the phone weaker rather than stronger. This, on the other hand could have an obvious advantage if it were the same price. But I don't think anybody should bash the phone before ever seeing one. That ridiculous price is just for this first shady looking online retailer, there's no way it will cost that much when it is released officially. It is just a bent Note 3, after all.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
So according to most above Samsung should only produce what -they- are used to.
No innovation just the same year in year out, because it would be too confusing to have change.
Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.