[SOLVED] Custom amplifier with multiple inputs?

LifeKendall2

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
I would like to either buy or DIY a specific type of amplifier. I have a 5.1 system in my room along with a Sony system with 2 speakers for PC.

I was wondering if there was any way to have all of the speakers output the same source at the same time and have that source be easily accessible via AUX, Bluetooth etc. without much hassle? I was thinking of some kind of box to which I can plug the 5.1 and the Sony systems in as outputs and have multiple input options which can be controlled by a switch.
I'm not looking to have 7.1 surround (even though that would be nice), just having the same audio playing through all of the speakers at the same time.

If there isn't a product like that on the market, how would I go about going DIY with this? I have some experience with soldering but have no idea what parts would be needed for such a purpose.

Solution
I am already running my phone into the 5.1 system with Dolby Pro Logic on; stereo in all of the speakers, not surround. What I am looking for is a device like a splitter which can be easily accessed via multiple inputs.
For example, I would like to have my phone send audio to all of the speakers at once via Bluetooth (both the 5.1 and the Sony), flip a switch and have my PC audio going into all of the speakers via AUX, flip it once more and have my guitars or e-drums going into the Sony speakers while having music playing on the 5.1 etc.
Btw, I have no idea what to call a device like this so I figured an amp is the best way to go about it.

You just need an audio source splitter, but with what you want it to do you are looking...

LifeKendall2

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
What does the 5.1 connect to? the Sony?
And the PC speakers?
Both are separate. The 5.1 has an amp inside of the subwoofer that outputs to 5 speakers, the Sony is an older radio/cassete/line system with it's own 2 speakers which I use as PC speakers/monitors. Both have their own connectors for inputs and outputs for their speakers.

Both are separate. The 5.1 has an amp inside of the subwoofer that outputs to 5 speakers, the Sony is an older radio/cassete/line system with it's own 2 speakers which I use as PC speakers/monitors. Both have their own connectors for inputs and outputs for their speakers.

Does not sound like you are looking for an amplifier since both the speakers have an amp already running them. All you need is something with two line outs to go to the inputs of those two systems. What you can use really depends on what you will be connecting to this thing for the source.

For a 5.1 source, you will need to give some more details about what exactly you have for devices and what your plans are for the setup. If you just want stereo from all those things, anything with a line out and an audio splitter will do. Surround sound will be much harder to get something working.

LifeKendall2

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
Does not sound like you are looking for an amplifier since both the speakers have an amp already running them. All you need is something with two line outs to go to the inputs of those two systems. What you can use really depends on what you will be connecting to this thing for the source.

For a 5.1 source, you will need to give some more details about what exactly you have for devices and what your plans are for the setup. If you just want stereo from all those things, anything with a line out and an audio splitter will do. Surround sound will be much harder to get something working.
I am already running my phone into the 5.1 system with Dolby Pro Logic on; stereo in all of the speakers, not surround. What I am looking for is a device like a splitter which can be easily accessed via multiple inputs.
For example, I would like to have my phone send audio to all of the speakers at once via Bluetooth (both the 5.1 and the Sony), flip a switch and have my PC audio going into all of the speakers via AUX, flip it once more and have my guitars or e-drums going into the Sony speakers while having music playing on the 5.1 etc.
Btw, I have no idea what to call a device like this so I figured an amp is the best way to go about it.

You just need an audio source splitter, but with what you want it to do you are looking at something expensive unless you just want a simple stereo mixer with different inputs and outputs to the two devices. Just keep in mind you will need cables running between everything. A receiver with a couple of aux outputs or a DAC would do this (from a computer or bluetooth). https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Blu...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Solution

TRENDING THREADS