Question Custom Build Workstation [Need Advise]

Dec 21, 2020
Hello,

I am looking to build a PC for work (URGENT). I managed to find most of the parts but I could not decide on the Power Supply
Cooler Master V1000
Corsair RM 1000x
Corsair HX 750 (I am leaning on this for now)
Not sure which one is good, please advise!

Aim
  • Working mostly with unreal and heavy point cloud data files.
  • Maya 3D modelling, Sculping in Zbrush and Texturing in substance
  • Unreal: Level Design, VR development, RTX R&D
I might play games sometimes too

BUILD:
PCPartPicker Part List

NOTES:
  • Monitor is dual 27inch
Questions:
Overall is the build okay? Just looking for getting the job done, I will sometimes only need to overlock the CPU only

Thank you very much!

I would normally reccomend Ryzen for any sort of work tasks, but its pretty hard to buy Ryzen 5xxx right now, and I believe unreal likes Intel CPUs as well.

Build overall looks good.

HX750 should do the job, though I would not go any less because the 10900k is insanely power hungry, and it probably draws more than the RTX3070.

Dec 21, 2020
Hi,
Thank you for having a look!
and I believe unreal likes Intel CPUs as well.
Yes! My employers prefer testing with intel too, so I have to go for it.

HX750 should do the job, though I would not go any less because the 10900k is insanely power hungry, and it probably draws more than the RTX3070.
Here is where I am in a pickle. The only other option is the Corsair RM 1000x or Cooler Master MWE 1000. I havnt found the Cooler Master V1000 yet. (I cant seem to find a 850 or 800)

In this case would a Corsair RM 1000x serve well? (The other manufactures are Deepcool and Antec)

P.S. I read Corsair has a coiling whining sound, is that true or just a rare thing?

Thank you!