Question CUstom built problems

Evanjunho

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
I built a pc using all working parts. The pc powers on but there is nothing in the screen and no signal, I know the gpu works because I used it yesterday in a diffrent pc. There is a number on the motherboard ,97. As in led.

Parts
I7 2600
R9 390X tri x
20gb of ram
Ecs h67h2-m
700 watt psu evga

10 mins later I decided to replugthe sata cable and now it turns off and on non stop

Evanjunho

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
I built a pc using all working parts. The pc powers on but there is nothing in the screen and no signal, I know the gpu works because I used it yesterday in a diffrent pc. There is a number on the motherboard ,97. As in led.

Parts
I7 2600
R9 390X tri x
20gb of ram
Ecs h67h2-m
700 watt psu evga

10 mins later I decided to replugthe sata cable and now it turns off and on non stop
When I turn the pc off via case power button it turns off almost immediately. That has never happened to me before. Please help some

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
does the gpu cooler work when you start pc?

unplug the ram modules and try to start a pc
or unplug and plug them in again
or plug only one module
check all the power cables connection
use different sata port
disconnect any hardware which is not in use for example a dvd-rom or whatever if any

and also check with instruction manual if you connected the power on, reset etc cables correctly
try to run it without a power on button
disconnect all its cables and shortcircuit with a screwdriver forexample the two pins for power on action
i think there should be tons of videos on youtube how to do it

I think the problem should be in pure connection, smth is not completely plugged in
or some ram module may be broken
or maybe
just maybe they are not all compatible with each other (but as far as I know there's no such thing really, but maybe...)
if it's not helping then try a different power supply

also you can try taking the motherboard battery out for 10-20 secs and placing it in again
does it beeps? does it show any codes? you have a show code thing on the motherboard right?

Last edited:

Evanjunho

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
does the gpu cooler work when you start pc?

unplug the ram modules and try to start a pc
or unplug and plug them in again
or plug only one module
check all the power cables connection
use different sata port
disconnect any hardware which is not in use for example a dvd-rom or whatever if any

and also check with instruction manual if you connected the power on, reset etc cables correctly
try to run it without a power on button
disconnect all its cables and shortcircuit with a screwdriver forexample the two pins for power on action
i think there should be tons of videos on youtube how to do it

I think the problem should be in pure connection, smth is not completely plugged in
or some ram module may be broken
or maybe
just maybe they are not all compatible with each other (but as far as I know there's no such thing really, but maybe...)
if it's not helping then try a different power supply

also you can try taking the motherboard battery out for 10-20 secs and placing it in again
does it beeps? does it show any codes? you have a show code thing on the motherboard right?
https://streamable.com/mrd8m

Evanjunho

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
no, of course not, turn everything off, also pull the power cable form the outlet and switch the power supply off just for safety, pull the battery out, wait, pull it in againt and start your pc

also wait not 20 sec but a minute just in case
Ok I took out the cmos battery and put it back in. I booted but it just turns off after 1 second and turns on and off.

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Ok I took out the cmos battery and put it back in. I booted but it just turns off after 1 second and turns on and off.
here's a manual I guess from your motherboard
http://download.ecs.com.cn/dlfileecs/manual/mb/H67H2-M/H67H2-M_manual-1.PDF
page 77
it has code tables
97 is Console Output devices connect
what does it mean?.... I guess smth is not connected
check once again, did you connected your mouse and keyboard, do you have a ps\2 or usb keyboard? try the ps\2 one
maybe your monitor is set to a wrong input?

Evanjunho

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
here's how the thing goint into port looks like, it is kinda round and different from usb...some mtheboard don't want to run without it. ask friends to borrow for some time
https://s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.c...-USB-PS2-English-Keyboard-KBD-OTB-MCK-91-.jpg
or I think there's tons of old used ps2 keyboards that cost almost nothing

so did you plugged your mouse and keyboard? did you check is monitor input set to your pc?

Evanjunho

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
Everything but is plugged the pc won’t turn on not even a light.
did you turned on the power supply?
did you put the battery correcly so it clicked?
check all the power cables, you can't put it the wrong side, you just can put it not completely.
or maybe you skipped some power input on the motherboard
or maybe now it's completely disconnected as you moved it a bit while doing the battery etc

Evanjunho

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
did you turned on the power supply?
did you put the battery correcly so it clicked?
check all the power cables, you can't put it the wrong side, you just can put it not completely.
or maybe you skipped some power input on the motherboard
or maybe now it's completely disconnected as you moved it a bit while doing the battery etc
Ok I forgot to back the little pin connector for he cmos when I was resetting it. I put it back in Thebes original place. But still on power on. The cpu and mobo 24 pin are all plugged in

1111eugene

Commendable
Feb 19, 2019
now test ram separately
I'm starting to assume there's something wrong with gpu
or the powersupply cannot run all of it
did you checked the power button cables? leave only 2 for power on and try
or place them according to motherboard manual
check the button itself
sorry gotta go for now