Custom PC randomly shuts down

saviolidis.m.sfn

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Greetings,
So I’ve been having a problem with my custom build for a while now.

The thing is that some months ago, my PC started to freeze whenever I was trying to play a game and later on even when I was using YouTube (and) like services via Chrome and Mozilla.

I decided to put new fans on the cpu and I purchased a new Coolermaster Tower also. After that I did a format and putted Windows 10 but another problem jumped off.

My PC started to shut down randomly without a warning or anything. I did some stress test on both CPU and GPU, with s success.

So I’ve been thinking that the problem is even in the PSU, or on the motherboard, because I’m not sure if the technician guy putted all the components correctly in the new tower.

My question is, how can I diagnose the problem so I won’t spend money on a new PSU without a reason?

Thank you!

Hello saviolidis.m.sfn

After you've installed Windows 10, can you please check and confirm if the graphics and audio drivers are up-to-date? If not, please update them to the latest version and see if the issue is fixed. You can even try downloading a new copy of the drivers from their corresponding vendors' official site, removing the currently installed drivers completely from your computer, and then installing the new ones from the scratch. You can try this suggestion even if the drivers are already updated.

If the above solution doesn't work, please try installing a lower version of drivers (from the scratch as suggested above). Sometime the most updated drivers are not compatible with the devices, but the older versions do a pretty great job.

Please report back with the results for further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

saviolidis.m.sfn

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Thank you for your quick respond!
I have tried every method about drivers etc, but it wasn’t the problem.

Yesterday I gave my Tower to a store with technicians to look after the problem.

Today they called me and told me that the problem wasn’t eventually on the PSU, but on the CPU (AMD 8350 FX Black Edition).

It gets high temperature on idle (70 Celcium). They said that they tried to change the Heat Sink Fan and generally they tried some other things also.

The thing is that I don’t have a spare AM3+ Socket CPU to test on, so I can’t be sure if it’s the CPU the problem or if it’s something with the Tower, electricity or anything else.

And now I’m stuck... Should I buy a new CPU or can I do something else before that?