Customer Service

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

No one here talks about dell's shitty service here. they bitch and
complain about it

It's business, if Gateway, HP/Compaq, IBM and other PC makers can make a PC
for 500 bucks and very little support and Dell makes the same type of PC
for 1000 bucks with excellent support, where do you think the consumers
will buy from, not Dell when they can get the same PC for half as much and
Dell would be out of business and the consumers would still get shitty
support.




"Tazmanian Devil" <Taz@devil.com> wrote in message
news:rRAQd.25308$_26.7159@fe04.lga...
> so what. this is the dell ng where we talk about dell's shitty service.
> if
> the others have shitty service it isn't justification for dell to do the
> same. it shouldn't be a competition to see who can have the shittiest
> customer service!
>
> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:IioQd.398020$Xk.82545@pd7tw3no...
>> I think everyone here including Tom and what the Dell Haters call
> DellBots,
>> all agree customer service has gone downhill.
>>
>> All PC makers customer service has gone downhill, some more than others.
>> What about the other "Award Winning PC companies" as Dell is not the only
>> "Award Winning PC Companies" for customer service?
>>
>> If you go into the HP, Compaq, Gateway, IBM newsgroups, you will see the
>> same customer services problems as Dell is having.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Guess Who" <chippe01@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:0YCdnU80LsTRFozfRVn-iQ@giganews.com...
>> > They wonder WHY the scores have continued to decline? I guess they
> never
>> > had to call for support!
>> >
>> > "Kerry Goodnight" <kergoodnight@skybest.net> wrote in message
>> > news:enqPd.1767$x7.970@fe03.lga...
>> >>
> http://news.com.com/Growing+pains+hit+Dells+customer+service/2100-1042_3-5162141.html
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

If we had purchased 3 Dell computers for $1500 and got very little support,
I would probably agree with you. But, the fact is that we purchased 3 Dell
Dimension Computers for a total price approaching $9000 and still got very
little in the way of support. Or to put it in the same terms that you used,
we received "shitty service".

How is it then, that Apple can drastically improve their Technical Support
and Service, and according to the latest survey conducted by Consumer
Reports, move up into the #1 position, into the position previously held by
Dell?

"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:MKPQd.409354$Xk.353753@pd7tw3no...
> No one here talks about dell's shitty service here. they bitch and
> complain about it
>
> It's business, if Gateway, HP/Compaq, IBM and other PC makers can make a
PC
> for 500 bucks and very little support and Dell makes the same type of PC
> for 1000 bucks with excellent support, where do you think the consumers
> will buy from, not Dell when they can get the same PC for half as much
and
> Dell would be out of business and the consumers would still get shitty
> support.
>
>
>
>
> "Tazmanian Devil" <Taz@devil.com> wrote in message
> news:rRAQd.25308$_26.7159@fe04.lga...
> > so what. this is the dell ng where we talk about dell's shitty service.
> > if
> > the others have shitty service it isn't justification for dell to do the
> > same. it shouldn't be a competition to see who can have the shittiest
> > customer service!
> >
> > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > news:IioQd.398020$Xk.82545@pd7tw3no...
> >> I think everyone here including Tom and what the Dell Haters call
> > DellBots,
> >> all agree customer service has gone downhill.
> >>
> >> All PC makers customer service has gone downhill, some more than
others.
> >> What about the other "Award Winning PC companies" as Dell is not the
only
> >> "Award Winning PC Companies" for customer service?
> >>
> >> If you go into the HP, Compaq, Gateway, IBM newsgroups, you will see
the
> >> same customer services problems as Dell is having.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Guess Who" <chippe01@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:0YCdnU80LsTRFozfRVn-iQ@giganews.com...
> >> > They wonder WHY the scores have continued to decline? I guess they
> > never
> >> > had to call for support!
> >> >
> >> > "Kerry Goodnight" <kergoodnight@skybest.net> wrote in message
> >> > news:enqPd.1767$x7.970@fe03.lga...
> >> >>
> >
http://news.com.com/Growing+pains+hit+Dells+customer+service/2100-1042_3-5162141.html
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

We really look forward to it Irene !

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:kQQQd.7921$F17.4208@fe07.lga...
> Actually, the true facts are that we still have 3 Dell Dimension
> computers.
> We still are in need of support for them, and are still not getting the
> kind
> of support that computers costing $3000 each should receive.
>
> So, until Dell corrects the support problems they have in the Home/Home
> Office division like they did with their other divisions, I WILL keep
> pointing it out, whether you and the other "Dellbots" like it or not..
 

dogface

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005
59
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Sparky" <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote in message
news:jvCQd.148$EX3.33@fe12.lga...
> Dogface wrote:
>
> > you might call it "marketing" but to many others' it's called "bait and
> > switch", "ripping people off", "misleading and deceitful advertising",
> > "fraudulent misrepresentation", etc.
>
> *Some* people say the same thing about paying $0.50 for a newspaper at
> the corner newstand, doesn't make it so.

you drinkin' again? what kind of lame, nonsensical post!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

cuz Apple is awesome


"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:LJQQd.7919$TX6.3815@fe07.lga...
> If we had purchased 3 Dell computers for $1500 and got very little
> support,
> I would probably agree with you. But, the fact is that we purchased 3 Dell
> Dimension Computers for a total price approaching $9000 and still got very
> little in the way of support. Or to put it in the same terms that you
> used,
> we received "shitty service".
>
> How is it then, that Apple can drastically improve their Technical Support
> and Service, and according to the latest survey conducted by Consumer
> Reports, move up into the #1 position, into the position previously held
> by
> Dell?
>
> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:MKPQd.409354$Xk.353753@pd7tw3no...
>> No one here talks about dell's shitty service here. they bitch and
>> complain about it
>>
>> It's business, if Gateway, HP/Compaq, IBM and other PC makers can make a
> PC
>> for 500 bucks and very little support and Dell makes the same type of PC
>> for 1000 bucks with excellent support, where do you think the consumers
>> will buy from, not Dell when they can get the same PC for half as much
> and
>> Dell would be out of business and the consumers would still get shitty
>> support.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Tazmanian Devil" <Taz@devil.com> wrote in message
>> news:rRAQd.25308$_26.7159@fe04.lga...
>> > so what. this is the dell ng where we talk about dell's shitty
>> > service.
>> > if
>> > the others have shitty service it isn't justification for dell to do
>> > the
>> > same. it shouldn't be a competition to see who can have the shittiest
>> > customer service!
>> >
>> > "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> > news:IioQd.398020$Xk.82545@pd7tw3no...
>> >> I think everyone here including Tom and what the Dell Haters call
>> > DellBots,
>> >> all agree customer service has gone downhill.
>> >>
>> >> All PC makers customer service has gone downhill, some more than
> others.
>> >> What about the other "Award Winning PC companies" as Dell is not the
> only
>> >> "Award Winning PC Companies" for customer service?
>> >>
>> >> If you go into the HP, Compaq, Gateway, IBM newsgroups, you will see
> the
>> >> same customer services problems as Dell is having.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Guess Who" <chippe01@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:0YCdnU80LsTRFozfRVn-iQ@giganews.com...
>> >> > They wonder WHY the scores have continued to decline? I guess they
>> > never
>> >> > had to call for support!
>> >> >
>> >> > "Kerry Goodnight" <kergoodnight@skybest.net> wrote in message
>> >> > news:enqPd.1767$x7.970@fe03.lga...
>> >> >>
>> >
> http://news.com.com/Growing+pains+hit+Dells+customer+service/2100-1042_3-5162141.html
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:YQRQd.409869$8l.86088@pd7tw1no...
> cuz Apple is awesome
>
>


aPPle rulz; dEll droolz man.


Stew
 

dogface

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005
59
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:y%RQd.176$hK5.119@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
>
> "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:YQRQd.409869$8l.86088@pd7tw1no...
> > cuz Apple is awesome
> >
> >
>
>
> aPPle rulz; dEll droolz man.
>
>
> Stew

more like aPPle rulz; dEll spewz...
 

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
325
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Irene wrote:
> Since you don't have a Webster's:
>
> Lightening is the feeling of reduced weight and pressure in her abdomen that
> a woman has as the baby descends into pelvis prior to the onset of labor.

That's hardly the primary or most common usage for "lightening", Irene:

Dictionary.com
Dictionary Thesaurus Web

6 entries found for lightening.

lightï¡?en1 Audio pronunciation of "lightening" ( P ) Pronunciation Key
(ltn)

v. lightï¡?ened, lightï¡?enï¡?ing, lightï¡?ens
v. tr.

1. 1. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten.
2. To make (a color) lighter.

2. Archaic. To enlighten.

v. intr.

1. To become lighter; brighten.
2. To be luminous; shine.
3. To give off flashes of lightning.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

lightï¡?en2 Audio pronunciation of "lightening" ( P ) Pronunciation Key
(ltn)

v. lightï¡?ened, lightï¡?enï¡?ing, lightï¡?ens
v. tr.

1. To make less heavy.
2. To lessen the oppressiveness, trouble, or severity of. See Synonyms
at relieve.
3. To relieve of cares or worries; gladden.

v. intr.

1. To become less in weight.
2. To become less oppressive, troublesome, or severe.
3. To become cheerful.

Phrasal Verb:
lighten up Informal

To take matters less seriously: Everything will work out fine, so
stop worrying and lighten up.


Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

lightï¡?enï¡?ing (ltn-ng)

n. The sensation of decreased abdominal distention during the latter
weeks of pregnancy following the descent of the fetal head into the
pelvic inlet.

Source: The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by
Houghton Mifflin Company.

Main Entry: lightï¡?enï¡?ing
Pronunciation: 'lIt-&n-i[ng], 'lIt-ni[ng]
Function: noun
: a sense of decreased weight and abdominal tension felt by a pregnant
woman on descent of the fetus into the pelvic cavity prior to labor

Source: Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

lightening

n 1: descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity that occurs late in
pregnancy; the fetus is said to have dropped 2: changing to a lighter
color [syn: whitening]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I used Webster's New International Dictionary(unabridged) published by
Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc.

The only entry for the specific spelling---"lightening" is:

"a sense of decreased weight and abdominal tension felt by a pregnant woman
on descent of the fetus into the pelvic cavity prior to labor."
This was also the only definition that I was familiar with for the specific
spelling--"lightening". So that is what I quoted.

In this particular dictionary, the other definitions that you quoted, plus a
few you did not include were found under "lightning".

So I guess it all depends on the source and how far into "common use", ie
slang that it delves. The Webster's International Dictionary tends to lean
toward the more formal. I find that many "commonly" used and "slang" words
are not even included in this dictionary.

Oh, yes, if you look over your post carefully, you will find that some of
what you quoted were pronunciation keys and not the actual spelling of the
word.






"Sparky" <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote in message
news:95hRd.1435$KI7.154@fe11.lga...
> Irene wrote:
> > Since you don't have a Webster's:
> >
> > Lightening is the feeling of reduced weight and pressure in her abdomen
that
> > a woman has as the baby descends into pelvis prior to the onset of
labor.
>
> That's hardly the primary or most common usage for "lightening", Irene:
>
> Dictionary.com
> Dictionary Thesaurus Web
>
> 6 entries found for lightening.
>
> light?en1 Audio pronunciation of "lightening" ( P ) Pronunciation Key
> (ltn)
>
> v. light?ened, light?en?ing, light?ens
> v. tr.
>
> 1. 1. To make light or lighter; illuminate or brighten.
> 2. To make (a color) lighter.
>
> 2. Archaic. To enlighten.
>
> v. intr.
>
> 1. To become lighter; brighten.
> 2. To be luminous; shine.
> 3. To give off flashes of lightning.
>
> Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
> Fourth Edition
> Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
> Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
>
> light?en2 Audio pronunciation of "lightening" ( P ) Pronunciation Key
> (ltn)
>
> v. light?ened, light?en?ing, light?ens
> v. tr.
>
> 1. To make less heavy.
> 2. To lessen the oppressiveness, trouble, or severity of. See Synonyms
> at relieve.
> 3. To relieve of cares or worries; gladden.
>
> v. intr.
>
> 1. To become less in weight.
> 2. To become less oppressive, troublesome, or severe.
> 3. To become cheerful.
>
> Phrasal Verb:
> lighten up Informal
>
> To take matters less seriously: Everything will work out fine, so
> stop worrying and lighten up.
>
>
> Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
> Fourth Edition
> Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
> Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
>
> light?en?ing (ltn-ng)
>
> n. The sensation of decreased abdominal distention during the latter
> weeks of pregnancy following the descent of the fetal head into the
> pelvic inlet.
>
> Source: The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
> Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by
> Houghton Mifflin Company.
>
> Main Entry: light?en?ing
> Pronunciation: 'lIt-&n-i[ng], 'lIt-ni[ng]
> Function: noun
> : a sense of decreased weight and abdominal tension felt by a pregnant
> woman on descent of the fetus into the pelvic cavity prior to labor
>
> Source: Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
>
> lightening
>
> n 1: descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity that occurs late in
> pregnancy; the fetus is said to have dropped 2: changing to a lighter
> color [syn: whitening]
>
> Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University
 

dogface

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005
59
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

you have no idea how glad i am that we have gotten this all ironed out! now
i can finally get some sleep cuz this has been keepin me up, tossin and
turnin'. couldn't get to sleep so i decided to call dell's tech support
line to see if they were there, just like the commercial. hot damn they
were! sorry to keep all you others waiting on the support line a little
while longer.

<post lightened>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

The "English" in your post looks just about how the Dell Tech Support person
that I conversed with, about a problem with one of our Dimensions, spoke.
>g<

"Dogface" <DogFace@doghouse.com> wrote in message
news:ZYtRd.1148$rh2.1135@fe04.lga...
> you have no idea how glad i am that we have gotten this all ironed out!
now
> i can finally get some sleep cuz this has been keepin me up, tossin and
> turnin'. couldn't get to sleep so i decided to call dell's tech support
> line to see if they were there, just like the commercial. hot damn they
> were! sorry to keep all you others waiting on the support line a little
> while longer.
>
> <post lightened>
>
>
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS