CyberLink PowerDVD

JNB

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Hi,

I recently purchased a Blu-ray drive for my PC. It came with software installation disks for CyberLink PowerDVD, when I attempt to play a Blu ray disk it says I require an update. When this comes up I click yes and another box comes up saying player application update complete. When I click OK on the box and then go to click play on the program the exact same problem repeats itself. At the top left of the application there is a blue arrow that shows what updates are available, I have downloaded and installed all the updates apart from the ones that require money. Still this problem recurs, if anyone could help me get to the bottom of this problem is would be very grateful.

Thank you

JNB

JNB

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Also I would like to add that the version i have been supplied with the Blu-ray player is version 8.

JNB

Honorable
May 15, 2012
No I'm not, as soon as I press play this box pops up saying it needs an update. It does the update and says It's completed then when I click play again the problem starts again.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Both Nero and Cyberlink are notorious for confusing those that purchase bundled packages into believing that they need to pay to make them work. For DVD bundled packages, I would recommend reinstalling the application and avoid selecting the update. See if you can perform the basic functions - playing & burning. If you can't then contact the manufacturer for support. Nero will send you off to Germany where the support is terrible. Hopefully Cyberlink will provide you with better support if you have to end up going down that path...

JNB

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Is there any way you could recommend a different software for playing blu rays? The one i;ve seen that is recommended is the newest power dvd but that will cost £60