Aug 31, 2024
So I've had this PC for about 2 years now, and about 2 weeks ago it started to randomly stutter no matter what i was doing. I could be playing Call of Duty, or doing something simple like watching youtube or twitch, and its even happened a couple of times with nothing open.

The stuttering will last about 1-2 minutes before i have to turn off the PC via the power button. Sometimes it will still be stuttering when i turn it back on and try to log in again causing me to turn it off again. Also something i want to mention is that my audio also cuts out/stutters when this happens as well which i thought was kinda weird.

I have been emailing the company i got the pc from for about a week and everything they have told me to do hasn't worked. The last thing they told me to do was factory reset, i did and im still having the same problem.

Before i factory reset ive tried too, Update drivers, reinstall drivers, disabled hardware acceleration on discord and windows settings (recommend by pc company in emails), leaving all xmp at default not touching anything in bios, factory resetting, and ive tried youtube videos of people having the similar problem as me.

I know for sure its not overheating issues because my temps are all normal, But i dont know much about computes in detail so i was hoping i could get some help on here.

PC Specs:

Geforce RTX 3060

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 6-Core 12-Thread

32 GB DDR4 3200MHz Ram

1TB HDD

1tb SSD NVMe

EVGA 650W 80+ Power Supply

boju

Titan
Ambassador
How full is your ssd? Im assuming Windows is on it?

Would be best taking it to a pc service centre because without spare parts to try like another ssd, memory, gpu or power supply for example is going to be very limited to what you can do yourself if it's hardware related.

Reset should have done something if there was software corruption, not so much if infected with a virus or malware. Try run Malwarebytes.

Aug 31, 2024
I noticed i got another error in Event Viewer it was "Kernel Power Event ID 41" this is my first time seeing this error unless i just didnt noticed it before so idk if that is the problem but i did some research and most people were talking about turning off fast boot, i turned it off and everything seems smooth so far. Thats not the first time ive said that though with this problem.

For your first question my ssd is 732 GB free of 930 GB

If turning off fast boot doesnt help ill have to find a pc service center near my location and have them test it.

Edit: Around 2 and a half hours later i crashed again but this time i was able to clip it to show you exactly whats happening, i dont think im aloud to post video clips in this though

Last edited: