[SOLVED] CyberPower PC Build?

Feb 22, 2019
Hi all,
I recently purchased a pre-built computer from CyberPower PC. I don't have the time to build my own, and I don't want to be out the cash (so I used the Affirm program). I've heard mixed things about CyberPower PC, such as overheating issues and what not. Here is my build list, please let me know if anything sticks out as potentially dangerous to the system. I have the means to replace any of the parts that or crap or I can research and find out how to rewire if anything goes wrong. Please let me know what you think and if it's a good build/buying decision.
  • *BASE_PRICE: [+1799]
  • CAS: CyberPowerPC MAGNUS Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ Both Side Tempered Glass Window Panels (Included)
  • CASUPGRADE: ADDRESSABLE DIGITAL RGB COLOR LED 300MM W/ RF REMOTE CONTROL TAPE + MAGNET (Included)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) (Included)
  • CS_FAN: DUAL ADDRESSABLE DIGITAL RGB 120MM FAN (Included)
  • FAN: 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Included)
  • HDD: 240GB SSD (Included)
  • HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) HDD (Included)
  • INSTRUCTION: Intel ET3880 + FREE Shipping + Next Day Rush
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard (Included)
  • MEMORY: 32GB DDR4-2400MHZ MEMORY (Included)
  • MOTHERBOARD: Z370 HD3 ATX USB 3.1 SATA3 1 M.2 CROSSFIRE (Included)
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse (Included)
  • NETWORK: PCI-E INTEL 802.11 AC 3168 WIFI CARD PCI-E (Included)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Power Supply (Included)
  • RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN NEXT BUSINESS DAY
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • TEMP: ADDRESSABLE DIGITAL RGB CONTROLLER + RF REMOTE (Included)
  • VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Included)
  • delivery: 2 DAY, by Tuesday, 2/26/2019
  • _PRICE: (+1799)

Here is a slightly cheaper build with better components:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($359.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.57 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($119.78 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card ($679.50 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($98.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1735.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-22 11:55 EST-0500

Do you think you could try do-it-yourself? Cyberpower's quality control is pretty bad. I've had two systems from them over the years and something was a little off with each that I had to work through. Having said that, one is still in operation after 8 years with only the PSU needing replaced in the last month. So, it will probably be OK if you don't overclock or do so just a tiny bit as that mobo and cpu cooler are not up to the task of a moderate or high overclock.

Reactions: DomiNate_23
Solution
Feb 20, 2019
I'm no expert, but the HDD1 seems a bit small...especially since 500GB are pretty cheap. The RAM is 2400MHZ when most modestly priced RAM is 3000MHZ or higher. Basically the bulk of the money is going to the CPU and GPU but getting crap for the rest of the money. What ^^^ said...build yourself if you want quality.

jamesanyoung

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
Most of the specs look fine.

iBuyPower and Cyberpower save money by using very cheap coolers and PSU's; you should replace those.
A 240 AIO cooler will provide better cooling for sure, and a proper brand bronze+ 850 PSU will be pretty future proof.

You may also find yourself wanting a more premium Mouse and Keyboard soon.

Feb 22, 2019
Most of the specs look fine.

iBuyPower and Cyberpower save money by using very cheap coolers and PSU's; you should replace those.
A 240 AIO cooler will provide better cooling for sure, and a proper brand bronze+ 850 PSU will be pretty future proof.

You may also find yourself wanting a more premium Mouse and Keyboard soon.
I already have a Razer mechanical keyboard on the way and I've had a Razer Basilisk for gaming on my XPS 15 so I'm covered there. I definitely think I'm going to invest in a new PSU and cooler, I hear a lot of CyberPower PC's overheat easily or don't even post. I suppose I will find out. Thanks for the help!

Feb 22, 2019
I'm no expert, but the HDD1 seems a bit small...especially since 500GB are pretty cheap. The RAM is 2400MHZ when most modestly priced RAM is 3000MHZ or higher. Basically the bulk of the money is going to the CPU and GPU but getting crap for the rest of the money. What ^^^ said...build yourself if you want quality.
Thanks for the input! I thought the same thing, but after doing a little bit of research I discovered that the difference is not that substantial. I will modify the PC when I get it, I just want to have it put together and what not.

Reactions: Banned by Net
Feb 22, 2019
Here is a slightly cheaper build with better components:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($359.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.57 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($119.78 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card ($679.50 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($98.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1735.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-22 11:55 EST-0500

Do you think you could try do-it-yourself? Cyberpower's quality control is pretty bad. I've had two systems from them over the years and something was a little off with each that I had to work through. Having said that, one is still in operation after 8 years with only the PSU needing replaced in the last month. So, it will probably be OK if you don't overclock or do so just a tiny bit as that mobo and cpu cooler are not up to the task of a moderate or high overclock.
I could try a DYI, but I don't have the time. I don't plan on overclocking and I plan on replacing the cooling and the PSU. Quick question, though. If my system fries, what all would I have to replace? Just the CPU, or the GPU and the CPU?

Reactions: Banned by Net

bignastyid

Titan
I could try a DYI, but I don't have the time. I don't plan on overclocking and I plan on replacing the cooling and the PSU. Quick question, though. If my system fries, what all would I have to replace? Just the CPU, or the GPU and the CPU?

You'll likely spend just as much time if not more fixing everything wrong with the cyberpower than you would building it yourself, their build quality and quality control is atrocious. If you must buy a custom prebuilt look at something from places like Orgin or Maingear. They cost more but are better built.

Feb 20, 2019

I know you say you don't have time...but in reality...anyone capable of upgrading/swapping out parts has the ability to build and a build at the most will only take a few hours. As stated above....you have two pros and two cons from where I sit.
Pros: Someone to call if something goes wrong. Don't have to build yourself.
Cons: Potential issues due to poor parts quality. You have to change out stuff anyway.

Up to you how to proceed.

Feb 22, 2019
Hi all,
I recently purchased a pre-built computer from CyberPower PC. I don't have the time to build my own, and I don't want to be out the cash (so I used the Affirm program). I've heard mixed things about CyberPower PC, such as overheating issues and what not. Here is my build list, please let me know if anything sticks out as potentially dangerous to the system. I have the means to replace any of the parts that or crap or I can research and find out how to rewire if anything goes wrong. Please let me know what you think and if it's a good build/buying decision.
  • *BASE_PRICE: [+1799]
  • CAS: CyberPowerPC MAGNUS Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ Both Side Tempered Glass Window Panels (Included)
  • CASUPGRADE: ADDRESSABLE DIGITAL RGB COLOR LED 300MM W/ RF REMOTE CONTROL TAPE + MAGNET (Included)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) (Included)
  • CS_FAN: DUAL ADDRESSABLE DIGITAL RGB 120MM FAN (Included)
  • FAN: 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Included)
  • HDD: 240GB SSD (Included)
  • HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) HDD (Included)
  • INSTRUCTION: Intel ET3880 + FREE Shipping + Next Day Rush
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard (Included)
  • MEMORY: 32GB DDR4-2400MHZ MEMORY (Included)
  • MOTHERBOARD: Z370 HD3 ATX USB 3.1 SATA3 1 M.2 CROSSFIRE (Included)
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse (Included)
  • NETWORK: PCI-E INTEL 802.11 AC 3168 WIFI CARD PCI-E (Included)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Power Supply (Included)
  • RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN NEXT BUSINESS DAY
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • TEMP: ADDRESSABLE DIGITAL RGB CONTROLLER + RF REMOTE (Included)
  • VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Included)
  • delivery: 2 DAY, by Tuesday, 2/26/2019
  • _PRICE: (+1799)
Hi all,
I've had the PC for a few weeks now and it works great with all of the appropriate bench marks. UPS damaged the tower slightly but it's not that big of a deal. Thanks for all of the help!