[SOLVED] CyberPower UPS shutdowns....

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016
So i bought this UPS 3 years ago i think, was working good and stable. Now idk why it just shutdowns when in my house electricity starts flashing or short circuit and it doesn't protects my PC and monitor.... On this UPS only PC and monitor + modem was connected, before it protected when electricity suddenly goes off. My UPS model: CyberPower 1500ie/900w, power supply's watt 850: connected gtx 970+4790. So whats going on? Why my UPS stopped protecting, seems like power is enough to both of PC and monitor + modem too. Already 2 times happened this situation... Im getting worrying;( I hope nothing bad affects to my PC and monitor

Solution
Yes, your system failing when the power goes out indicates you either have too many devices on the UPS for its size or the Lead Acid or Valve Regulated Lead Acid battery is failing. And if this just recently started it is highly likely that you need a new battery.

You should be able to use the CyberPower software to test the UPS. BUT FIRST disconnect your monitor from the UPS, you don't need it on there and it draws too much power for a relatively small UPS. The CyberPower software (Power Panel Personal) should automatically shutdown the computer at a certain battery level or short time interval.

I get about 3-4 years on my batteries, as my power goes out pretty often too, but I have larger UPS than yours so the battery last a bit...

madican

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016
It may be time for a new battery. I tend to get around 3 years on the batteries on my APC units. You can often get a good deal on compatible batteries on EBay or Amazon.
So i need replace a new battery? And why stock battery not so longer lives? Just weird that every few years have to replace battery

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, your system failing when the power goes out indicates you either have too many devices on the UPS for its size or the Lead Acid or Valve Regulated Lead Acid battery is failing. And if this just recently started it is highly likely that you need a new battery.

You should be able to use the CyberPower software to test the UPS. BUT FIRST disconnect your monitor from the UPS, you don't need it on there and it draws too much power for a relatively small UPS. The CyberPower software (Power Panel Personal) should automatically shutdown the computer at a certain battery level or short time interval.

I get about 3-4 years on my batteries, as my power goes out pretty often too, but I have larger UPS than yours so the battery last a bit longer but is more expensive.

Solution