kubaaqr

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys, I recently bought a new PC and Cyberpunk, I was hoping that with my components, I'll be able to run Cyberpunk at ultra with 60+ fps (1080p) But it seems that the game is constantly running on around 40 and 50. Which part of my PC is the problem that might be causing this? I have:
MSI RTX 2070S
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
Corsair 750mx PSU
16GB RAM 3200mhz

Thanks for the help

Hi guys, I recently bought a new PC and Cyberpunk, I was hoping that with my components, I'll be able to run Cyberpunk at ultra with 60+ fps (1080p) But it seems that the game is constantly running on around 40 and 50. Which part of my PC is the problem that might be causing this? I have:
MSI RTX 2070S
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
Corsair 750mx PSU
16GB RAM 3200mhz

Thanks for the help

Ultra with ray tracing? Or just regular ultra settings?

If you aren't already, run in DLSS Quality mode.

If you aren't using ray tracing and have already enabled DLSS, your CPU will be causing the issue. Why do I say this? I play Cyberpunk at 4k with my RTX 2080, 32 GB of RAM, and DLSS Performance mode (so 1080p internally) and my fps is usually high 50s to low 70s, and my settings, rendering resolution and even GPU power are similar to yours (the 2080 isn't too much faster than a 2070 Super). So what's the difference? My CPU. I have an i7-9700k overclocked to 5.1 GHz on all 8 cores, and when I drive through night city at night, I can see that all eight of my cores are being almost fully utilized. If my heavily overclocked 8 core CPU with significantly better IPC and single core performance is close to CPU bottlenecking me at certain points, then your 6 core CPU with much lower boost clocks, weaker single-thread performance and lower IPC is likely to bottleneck you in this situation. Cyberpunk is very heavy on the CPU at Ultra settings and doesn't run very well on many last-gen Ryzen CPUs. Digital Foundry did a test on Cyberpunk with a Ryzen 3600 and found that when driving through the city it was impossible to hold 60 fps; they were constantly CPU limited.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
MSI RTX 2070S
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
Corsair 750mx PSU
16GB RAM 3200mhz

Thanks for the help
And with that video card your right on the same FPS as here. CP77 eats a video card for lunch turn your settings down some.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67yUrIo7jHo

Reactions: Bassman999

kubaaqr

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
Ultra with ray tracing? Or just regular ultra settings?

If you aren't already, run in DLSS Quality mode.

If you aren't using ray tracing and have already enabled DLSS, your CPU will be causing the issue. Why do I say this? I play Cyberpunk at 4k with my RTX 2080, 32 GB of RAM, and DLSS Performance mode (so 1080p internally) and my fps is usually high 50s to low 70s, and my settings, rendering resolution and even GPU power are similar to yours (the 2080 isn't too much faster than a 2070 Super). So what's the difference? My CPU. I have an i7-9700k overclocked to 5.1 GHz on all 8 cores, and when I drive through night city at night, I can see that all eight of my cores are being almost fully utilized. If my heavily overclocked 8 core CPU with significantly better IPC and single core performance is close to CPU bottlenecking me at certain points, then your 6 core CPU with much lower boost clocks, weaker single-thread performance and lower IPC is likely to bottleneck you in this situation. Cyberpunk is very heavy on the CPU at Ultra settings and doesn't run very well on many last-gen Ryzen CPUs. Digital Foundry did a test on Cyberpunk with a Ryzen 3600 and found that when driving through the city it was impossible to hold 60 fps; they were constantly CPU limited.
Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
There is nothing wrong with your setup, it is just that CP77 is poorly optimized, even my 3070 sometimes drop below 60 in some areas.

The best you can do for now is to run DLSS quality, use optimized settings from Digital Foundry, and install this "mod" to get rid of the blurriness and ghosting caused by DLSS, you can also set it to balanced and you won't get a noticeable visual downgrade compared to stock DLSS.

TRENDING THREADS