News Cyberpunk 2077 One-Click Tool Promises Up To 30 FPS Uplift

middcore

Commendable
Dec 7, 2018
Makes no perceivable difference for me using the balanced parameters. Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 2080. Frames pretty much exactly the same.

Bastard2k

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020
much like the nexus optimizer, or the cinematicRTX command line paremeter, it doesnt do much on a 3080 , and leaves the card unstable, such that i have to reboot before playing again.

Dec 26, 2020
it doesnt do much on a 3080 , and leaves the card unstable, such that i have to reboot before playing again.

Hi! I'm the creator of the EZ Optimizer tool. I just want to clarify that this tool is mostly for people with older hardware, so they can enjoy the game too. It helps in GPU bounded scenarios, which is most likely is not the case with your RTX 3080. What about "leaving the card unstable", I can ensure you that it has nothing to do with the utility since it doesn't touch the GPU in any way, and solely tweaks the game's files only. So, the issues that you may have are likely related to unstable OC or faulty hardware. Congrats on getting 3080, I still can't buy one for my reviews. Happy Holidays!

Dec 26, 2020
Programmer CodeZ1LLa releases EZ Optimizer to improve Cyberpunk 2077 performance on low-end systems.

Cyberpunk 2077 One-Click Tool Promises Up To 30 FPS Uplift : Read more

Definitely shocked at the willful certainty you have here in the title. Anyway: downloaded it, extracted it, placed it in the correct folder, then set it to "Max Boost" for a baseline test. Then repeated for all other listed application functions (minus async compute). Slow, choppy, stuttering FPS, seems to virtually eliminate any sense of 'smoothing over" or v-sync. Feels like a rushed solution from someone's basement to a problem devs will deal with in due time. Please search out this tutorial video on Youtube which has over 200K views and votes: "Dramatically Increase Performance / FPS with Any Setup - Cyberpunk" by Panjno. TO ANYBODY WHO'S ALREADY INSTALLED THIS: Thankfully if you click the "Default Settings" feature within his exe file it will return your game back to normal-- just reset your computer. And god bless anybody trying/ succeeding to get this game to work properly, with this hack job coding or otherwise.

Dec 27, 2020
TLDR: This guy is a theft, he stole the code from an older open source project to make money.

I feel like this guy just took the open source code from a tool that does the exact same thing and was released way earlier than his tool (the original is by derplayer and is found on nexusmods). All this guy did was take some one else's hard work, reskinned it (taking away some of the original usefulness), and added a big paypal button so he could monetize some one else's hard work for him self. Yes, it is legal to do so as the original code was open source but damn dude, dick move. Wondering why his is closed source? I guess he doesn't want you to compare all the code he copied.

Last edited:

Blacksad999

Reputable
Jun 28, 2020
Definitely shocked at the willful certainty you have here in the title. Anyway: downloaded it, extracted it, placed it in the correct folder, then set it to "Max Boost" for a baseline test. Then repeated for all other listed application functions (minus async compute). Slow, choppy, stuttering FPS, seems to virtually eliminate any sense of 'smoothing over" or v-sync. Feels like a rushed solution from someone's basement to a problem devs will deal with in due time. Please search out this tutorial video on Youtube which has over 200K views and votes: "Dramatically Increase Performance / FPS with Any Setup - Cyberpunk" by Panjno. TO ANYBODY WHO'S ALREADY INSTALLED THIS: Thankfully if you click the "Default Settings" feature within his exe file it will return your game back to normal-- just reset your computer. And god bless anybody trying/ succeeding to get this game to work properly, with this hack job coding or otherwise.
lolol That Panjno guy is a total tool. You can't be seriously citing him as a legit place to get advice. XD

Dec 27, 2020
This article needs to be amended immediately. A utility that does the same exact thing as this program (except with more expansive features) was uploaded to NexusMods more than 10 days before this YouTube video came out. This random YouTuber should not be given credit for slapping his name on someone else's work.
Not to mention, there is a very high likelihood that there is a trojan embedded in the YouTuber's version of the utility. 'E-Z Optimizer' is close to twice the size of the original utility on NexusMods, and it's detected by 3 more antiviruses on VirusTotal. (As well as Windows Defender, which almost never throws false positives.)

urbanman2004

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
TLDR: This guy is a theft, he stole the code from an older open source project to make money.

I feel like this guy just took the open source code from a tool that does the exact same thing and was released way earlier than his tool (the original is by derplayer and is found on nexusmods). All this guy did was take some one else's hard work, reskinned it (taking away some of the original usefulness), and added a big paypal button so he could monetize some one else's hard work for him self. Yes, it is legal to do so as the original code was open source but damn dude, dick move. Wondering why his is closed source? I guess he doesn't want you to compare all the code he copied.

I heard that rumor as well, but even if that's the case it's not like the software obligates you to "donate" before being able to use it. The tool is helping people w/ less than stellar hardware run a game that is known to cripple low-end hardware due to its rushed released.

dehdstar

Honorable
Nov 30, 2017
Programmer CodeZ1LLa releases EZ Optimizer to improve Cyberpunk 2077 performance on low-end systems.

Cyberpunk 2077 One-Click Tool Promises Up To 30 FPS Uplift : Read more

Damn...I need to stop buying AMD cards lol. It seems these things are only enhanced for Nvidia...as well as the games themselves. Cyberpunk, I hear, doesn't even support RT on AMD and doesn't even work on their CPUs well (uses only the cores and not the threads), being a preferred Nvidia/ Intel title. It's just that AMD has such attractive prices, being predominantly in the "poor man's Nvidia" budget niche. Maybe I'll upgrade my 5700 XT to a 2080 TI and try this out. Unfortunately I can't upgrade my 3700X to an Intel CPU, for the best experience, as I'd have to ditch my new main board too. My next build will be Intel/ Nvidia for sure.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020
I personally don't recommend you to use this utility for tweaking your FPS. I recently came upon an post from github from some user. He did cracked this program and received It's source code and so you think, this utility contains malware. Why? The thing is, that according to some people, the code was plagiarized by another person from NexusMods. By the way, this tool written on C# but still everything is even worse. In this "optimizer" there is a corny little software that changes the settings of the game, but after launching the software, it creates a separate hidden method that is obfuscated and injects cryptographically encrypted malware into RAM. The malware itself (from the module) looks like an application resource (in fact, it is completely encrypted / packed and cannot be recognised to today's modern antiviruses) and weigths tiny 4 KB. Isn't this strange guys? As I previously said, this malware is encrypted and even VirusTotal recognized 2/71.

I personally don't recommend you to use this utility for tweaking your FPS. I recently came upon an post from github from some user. He did cracked this program and received It's source code and so you think, this utility contains malware. Why? The thing is, that according to some people, the code was plagiarized by another person from NexusMods. By the way, this tool written on C# but still everything is even worse. In this "optimizer" there is a corny little software that changes the settings of the game, but after launching the software, it creates a separate hidden method that is obfuscated and injects cryptographically encrypted malware into RAM. The malware itself (from the module) looks like an application resource (in fact, it is completely encrypted / packed and cannot be recognised to today's modern antiviruses) and weigths tiny 4 KB. Isn't this strange guys? As I previously said, this malware is encrypted and even VirusTotal recognized 2/71.

"I recently came upon a post from github from some user"

Do you mind telling us who and where or are you gonna tell us "I don't remember"?

fevanson

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Nice for gpu bottlenecks, I downloaded cyber engine tweaks from Nexus Mods and the game runs significantly better on a 2700x.

Someone doesn't know what a False Positive is.
That's an interesting first post. I mean, if someone actually put malware into a download, I'm sure they wouldn't just make a new account in an attempt to assure people otherwise. <_<

It might not contain malware, but I'm not sure I would rush to test something like this from some source I don't recognize before it was thoroughly tested. I also found it funny how the article suggested it passed VirusTotal "with flying colors" before admitting that it did seem to trigger a few scanners. "Flying colors" would seem to imply otherwise.

Reactions: spentshells

roblittler77

Honorable
Aug 19, 2018
It seems to work by reducing draw distances and disabling a few filters, tried it but I was getting pop in so bad I set it back to default.

The pop in problem remained, lamposts and signs where appearing right in fron of me.

This poorly written peice of software meant I had to reinstall the game.

Dec 28, 2020
Work 100% stolen from https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/183 (open source). You can get every settings you want from this link directly, everything is open source and therefore much safer than this obfuscated scam.

The irony considering codez1lla comment
As I explained before, the only reason why it's not open-source, is because someone will repuck it with a virus and the tool with my name will travel across the web, and then people will come to me to ask questions. No thank you.

You can check https://github.com/yamashi/CyberEngineTweaks/issues/317 for all the issues reported in this malware made by codez1lla

TRENDING THREADS