Cyberpunk Games to Play While Waiting for Cyberpunk 2077

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
If you're a gamer, chances are you're excited for the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 release. I know I am. Unfortunately with no release date in site, it looks like the lot of us will be waiting for quite a while. Rather than twiddle our thumbs, why not pass the time with a big ol' list of our favorite Cyberpunk video games. I'll start:

Syndicate (2012)
screenshot295677.bmp_1.png.jpg

Play as Miles Kilo, all around cybernetic bad ass. Hack everything, even people. Steal their chips. Upgrade yourself.

Euphonium

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I'm a big fan of the Shadowrun RPGs from Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, & Hong Kong)
The first one is the weakest, but they're all good, and have plenty of replay value for me

Reactions: JaneMiller
D

Deleted member 217926

Dues Ex, all of them.

For something different, Remember Me.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r-nzz3yhK4"][/video]

Nov 14, 2018
Shadowrun and DeusEx are both amazing games, I would add Arcanum: Of Steamworks and magick Obscura. It's steampunk, but an extraordinary RPG overall. I'm a die-hard fan of Shadowruns though, go play all of them :D Dragonfall has an astonishing story.

hanotaink

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019

I second all of these games. Would also suggest E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. Not very typical cyberpunk and quite weird overall, but very fun.

Phazoner

Distinguished
To say some others:

Binary Domain is a great Cyberpunk game which gameplay has some nice innovations for the third person shooter genre, featuring great graphics, bosses, fights and a plot which feels dangerously similar to a very recent and universally acclaimed cyberpunk movie.

System Shock 2 is always a good recommendation.

The Mass Effect trilogy is more futuristic than cyberpunk, but the plot has a strong cyberpunk component.

Hard Reset is a brainless and old-school great cyberpunk FPS.

Crackdown 3 is released tomorrow and has a vibrant cyberpunk city.

Tron 2.0 is a classic which gives you the most cyber look for obvious reasons.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 has also a cyberpunk based world and plot which felt disappointing to me but it is still fun and the plot is anyways likeable.

Apr 9, 2019
general role playing games, never played the witcher before but I'm pretty sure witcher 3 is a pretty good game just from all the reviews I've seen. Another kind of a hidden gem is vampire the masquerade bloodlines, if you haven't allready played the game you still probably heard of the recently announced sequel to it. Great role playing game, a little buggy but the gog version should work just fine.
Fallout new vegas is a great example too or even fallout 4 isn't really that bad as a more simple first person shooter, If you're not scared of playing something other than these smooth 3d first person or third person action RPGs, check out the old fallout games.
If you're into a more sci fi setting, there are mass effect games but I really never touched them and there are the star wars old republic game. the wo knights f the old republic are both great singleplayer RPGs and I'm really enjoying star wars the old republic(the mmo) which has a lot of fun free content and is being updated to this day

If you're a gamer, chances are you're excited for the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 release. I know I am. Unfortunately with no release date in site, it looks like the lot of us will be waiting for quite a while. Rather than twiddle our thumbs, why not pass the time with a big ol' list of our favorite Cyberpunk video games. I'll start:

Syndicate (2012)
screenshot295677.bmp_1.png.jpg

Play as Miles Kilo, all around cybernetic bad ass. Hack everything, even people. Steal their chips. Upgrade yourself.
You can preorder at Amazon.com for a New Years Eve release ( 31 Dec. '19 ). I checked and it IS a Tuesday which is typical for Game / Movie releases.

general role playing games, never played the witcher before but I'm pretty sure witcher 3 is a pretty good game just from all the reviews I've seen. Another kind of a hidden gem is vampire the masquerade bloodlines, if you haven't allready played the game you still probably heard of the recently announced sequel to it. Great role playing game, a little buggy but the gog version should work just fine.
Fallout new vegas is a great example too or even fallout 4 isn't really that bad as a more simple first person shooter, If you're not scared of playing something other than these smooth 3d first person or third person action RPGs, check out the old fallout games.
If you're into a more sci fi setting, there are mass effect games but I really never touched them and there are the star wars old republic game. the wo knights f the old republic are both great singleplayer RPGs and I'm really enjoying star wars the old republic(the mmo) which has a lot of fun free content and is being updated to this day
The Witcher series was good and I enjoyed all three. They just got better with each new release. The Witcher 3 was the best of the lot as it had a HUGE open world to roam around in and lots to do. One of the DLCs ( Blood & Wine ) was nearly a stand alone game itself. It was a rather bit world with lots to do and a solid story. That is one game, you really do need a horse to get around. It is just too big to try and walk it. I have been revisiting Fallout 3, but it isn't playing to well on here. Keeps freezing. It played in Windows 7 just fine, but even in Windows 7 Compatibility, it still freezes. The others work Fine. I am still in Fallout 4. I keep getting sidetracked working on my settlements.

Apr 9, 2019
here's a great recommendation, the game called underrail is an Isometric turn based roleplaying game similar to fallout. before you turn away because of it being 2d pixelated look, please note that it's still a new game(came out in 2015) made by talented artist so it looks beautifull visually and I haven't played it myself yet but from the reviews I have seen it seems to be a well recieved RPG.
It's the closest thing you'll get to a role üplaying game set in a cyberpunk setting

Sep 16, 2019
It may not be the exact aesthetic that you are looking for, but there are always the Watch Dogs games to tide you over for a little while. At least until April at any rate.

Or, you could try the original Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper RPG. Old school, but CD Projekt Red have a good history of finding good source material to expand on.

Oct 10, 2019
I also very aggressive for this game to play but the issue is this I have 940 MX Nevada 2GB Graphic card and I think this will not enough for this game, may b I play with the minimum graphic setting but I want to play in High graphic resolution.

bioject

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2016
My first topic on these forums and I'm already loving it. Observer is not recommended so I'll leave it here
The observer was an awesome game. I especially loved the twist in the end. Surprisingly the game was kind of scary too and there were some sequences that reminded me of SOMA. Especially when you hacked into people’s consciousnesses and we’re chased by that entity thing in the cubicle level.

in fact I recommend SOMA as another cyberpunk-type game... kind of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS