Cyclone not booting correctly

Hello,
I have a cyclone that had been working perfectly for several years.
Today my 3yr son was playing it when it "stopped working". That is the
technical description my wife gave me. I went down and turned it on.
Some random lights flash, no displays and I hear a "clicking" from the
speakers. I tried to get into the diagnostics with no luck. Tried the
diag button on the main board, with the coin door closed I get mem.
prot. failure. WHich I would expect. WIth the coin door open I get
nothing. When you turn it on I see the five volt led lit, the blanking
led lit and the diagnostics led constantly flashing. I'm kind of at a
loss as to where to start with this one. THe mem protect circuit seems
to work, since I get different results with the coin door open/closed.
I thought u25, so I tried to reseat the chip and ended up mangling the
socket. So I guess I will replace the chip as well. All fuses are
good.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mark

Well I managed to screw up two traces on the board by U25 while
replacing the socket, so I am going to have to fix that issue before
looking at the original problem again.

mark