Question D-link COVR AX1800 (Covr-x1862) wifi mesh - Unable to connect some devices

Oct 3, 2022
Although this kind of issue with dlink mesh has been posted before, I have not seen a solution. I have just got the dlink AX1800 in the x1862 2 piece package and am having the following issues. When one of my cams would not join, despite the mesh using the same name and password as the previous network it was connected to, I decided to reset the cam and connect via the initial setup. Still will not connect to the mesh.

All my other devices just moved over to this new mesh network with no issue, simply because the ssid/password was the same as before.

The failing reolink argus pt battery cam was fine on my old bt network mesh (disk broke, hence the replacement). In the reolink installation instructions, it did state it had to be on 2.4ghz which, when connecting to my bt router (not the mesh) has required temporary disabling of 5ghz wifi, jus for installation. If this is the issue, I cannot see a means of disabling 5ghz in the dlink settings. This may or may not be the problem but I need to test it. Any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
Although this kind of issue with dlink mesh has been posted before, I have not seen a solution. I have just got the dlink AX1800 in the x1862 2 piece package and am having the following issues. When one of my cams would not join, despite the mesh using the same name and password as the previous network it was connected to, I decided to reset the cam and connect via the initial setup. Still will not connect to the mesh.

All my other devices just moved over to this new mesh network with no issue, simply because the ssid/password was the same as before.

The failing reolink argus pt battery cam was fine on my old bt network mesh (disk broke, hence the replacement). In the reolink installation instructions, it did state it had to be on 2.4ghz which, when connecting to my bt router (not the mesh) has required temporary disabling of 5ghz wifi, jus for installation. If this is the issue, I cannot see a means of disabling 5ghz in the dlink settings. This may or may not be the problem but I need to test it. Any ideas?
Some devices don't like the same SSID name on 2.4 and 5Ghz. That could be the problem. But my best guess is that you have enabled protected management frames (PMF) on the AX router. I have been bitten by that with Ubiquiti WIFI devices. Check if you can disable PMF.