[SOLVED] D3D device being lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2022
Hey guys, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread as this is my first forum post here and what I have seems to be a software issue. I recently had a motherboard failure and have had to replace the motherboard, ram, cpu and psu. The system runs great and is seemingly stable. My issue lies whenever I am playing a steam game and also I experienced the issue on bf3 as well. I am able to get into the game just fine, but after around 10 or so minutes of playing the game crashes and I get an error saying something along the lines of "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost". There is an entire text of stuff after that which I can provide if it would help diagnose my issue. I have tried verifying my game files on steam, updating and doing a clean graphics driver install as well as setting gpu setting to defualt values as suggested on numerous youtube videos and nothing has helped. Any ideas you guys have would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance for your time.

Solution
Recycled parts:
  • Geforce gtx 1070 GPU
  • 500gb Samsung 860 EVO( OS)
  • 1TB Samsung 860 EVO
  • 1TB western digital HDD
Did you reinstall your OS after the migration to the new system?
Aug 2, 2022
yes no problem, it was an upgrade from my previous system with some recycled parts.

New parts:
  • Asus ROG strix Z690-A Gaming wifi D4 Motherboard
  • Intel I7 12700k CPU
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz ram ( runs at 2133mhz, putting it to 3200mhz causes boot looping)
  • Corsair RMX 850x modular PSU
-Corsair H100x AIO Cooler

Recycled parts:
  • Geforce gtx 1070 GPU
  • 500gb Samsung 860 EVO( OS)
  • 1TB Samsung 860 EVO
  • 1TB western digital HDD

Hopefully I typed that so everyone can understand it lol. :)

Aug 2, 2022
I just had a crash on bf3, This is what it said: Directx function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands.. GPU: "Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070", Driver: 51659.

Status
Not open for further replies.