Question Danger when using UPS with static

Oct 14, 2021
9
0
10
0
Hello, I just bought a UPS Neo 650A, I managed to install it and it works correctly, but I have a doubt, sometimes I have static and I usually get electrocuted with the keyboard or the mouse, so if I touch the power button of the ups to turn it on or off, If I touch it with static to the ups, can it electrocute me in a dangerous way?
 

kanewolf

Titan
Moderator
Hello, I just bought a UPS Neo 650A, I managed to install it and it works correctly, but I have a doubt, sometimes I have static and I usually get electrocuted with the keyboard or the mouse, so if I touch the power button of the ups to turn it on or off, If I touch it with static to the ups, can it electrocute me in a dangerous way?
You want to leave the UPS turned ON all the time. That will allow the battery to be charged as needed.
You should be safe.
 
Hello, I just bought a UPS Neo 650A, I managed to install it and it works correctly, but I have a doubt, sometimes I have static and I usually get electrocuted with the keyboard or the mouse, so if I touch the power button of the ups to turn it on or off, If I touch it with static to the ups, can it electrocute me in a dangerous way?
Static shocks are way more dangerous to your electronics than it is to you.
 
Oct 14, 2021
9
0
10
0
If you are concerned, then touch a metal surface on the UPS away from the power button first. That will discharge any static. Then push the power button.
Yes, I always do the same thing, but my question is, in the worst case scenario, if I forget to download and turn on the ups, can I get electrocuted or do I just burn the ups?

This is my question.

Thanks for reply.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS