Question Danger when using UPS with static

FredoGodoFredo

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
Hello, I just bought a UPS Neo 650A, I managed to install it and it works correctly, but I have a doubt, sometimes I have static and I usually get electrocuted with the keyboard or the mouse, so if I touch the power button of the ups to turn it on or off, If I touch it with static to the ups, can it electrocute me in a dangerous way?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I just bought a UPS Neo 650A, I managed to install it and it works correctly, but I have a doubt, sometimes I have static and I usually get electrocuted with the keyboard or the mouse, so if I touch the power button of the ups to turn it on or off, If I touch it with static to the ups, can it electrocute me in a dangerous way?
You want to leave the UPS turned ON all the time. That will allow the battery to be charged as needed.
You should be safe.

Static shocks are way more dangerous to your electronics than it is to you.

FredoGodoFredo

Commendable
Oct 14, 2021
If you are concerned, then touch a metal surface on the UPS away from the power button first. That will discharge any static. Then push the power button.

Yes, I always do the same thing, but my question is, in the worst case scenario, if I forget to download and turn on the ups, can I get electrocuted or do I just burn the ups?

This is my question.

Thanks for reply.