[SOLVED] darkFlash TR240 AIO cooler RGB not working *only white*

anderson4584

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hello,

I've recently installed this cooler and I'm trying to get the RGB to work. The fans and the water chamber do light up. But they only light up 'white'. Just to rule it out, I do have them connected to the addressable RGB connector on my motherboard. There's only 1 that's a 3 pin (II I) so it can't possibly go anywhere else. I've tried using the software to control my motherboards RGB (it works with everything else on the motherboard. (Except the ram for some reason, that just does it's own random thing). I've also tried making adjustments in the bios RGB settings. Nothing changes the color at all. I've contacted darkFlash, but I figured I'd check here if anyone else has had this issue with this coolr.

The cooler works excellent. The temps are fine. Everything works, except adjusting the RGB. Thanks in advance.

specs:

i5 9600kf
ASRock B365M PHANTOM GAMING 4 LGA1151
PNY - XLR8 Gaming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Overclocked Edition 6GB GDDR5
Team Group T-Force VULCAN 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz C15 LED Desktop Memory
CORSAIR - CX Series Modular CX750M 750W 80 Plus Bronze ATX Power Supply

darkFlash Micro ATX Mini ITX Tower DLM-22

Link to the actual cooler:

darkFlash TR240 White ARGB CPU Radiator Addressable RGB All-in-one AIO ARGB

https://www.newegg.com/p/2YM-002E-00010?Description=darkFlash TR240 White ARGB CPU Radiator Addressable RGB All-in-one AIO ARGB&cm_re=darkFlash_TR240 White ARGB CPU Radiator Addressable RGB All-in-one AIO ARGB--9SIAUH4DFA3968--Product

edit: Can't believe I forgot to post my specs :D Sorry

Last edited:
Solution
Considering that the board you own has only one ARGB header and two RGB headers, while also stating that you've connected to the right port, I'm wondering if you got the polarity of the ARGB connector from the AIO right...? To add, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Are you using ASRock Polychrome sync app? If so, which version?

Just to double check, what version of Windows 10 are you on?

Lutfij

Titan
Considering that the board you own has only one ARGB header and two RGB headers, while also stating that you've connected to the right port, I'm wondering if you got the polarity of the ARGB connector from the AIO right...? To add, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Are you using ASRock Polychrome sync app? If so, which version?

Solution

anderson4584

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010

The polarity should be right as it only fits on 1 way I believe. I am pretty sure the space is blocked off where there isn't a pin to go into. With that being said, I'm at work right now so when I get home I will check on all of this information you're asking. I am pretty sure my bios version is the latest, and yes I am using the ASRock Polychrome sync app. I also used the remote that comes with the mobo. With that being said, I will check on which versions of bios, the app, and windows 10 I'm on when I get home, and I'll post as soon as I can. Thank you

anderson4584

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010

Bios version 4.3
ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:1.0.85
Win10 home edition 64bit

anderson4584

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Okay problem solved.... It was totally a wiring issue on my end. I literally had the wrong connector, connecting to the mobo RGB connector lmao. It works now. Thank you so much. Sorry for wasting your time haha/