Das Keyboard Launches Kickstarter Campaign For '5Q' Cloud-Connected Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
That's the point with Kickstarter, isn't it captaincharisma? Let the nuttiest ideas get a chance. Though, I'm with what seems to be the general consensus on this one, that it seems like a really bad idea to have a cloud connected keyboard hardware layer. :)

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Is there any talk of how all of that traffic is going to be encrypted? What kind of data will be collected and stored? Why does that kind of data need to go through their servers anyway, when it could just go through the lan?

sadsteve

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2013
Besides the issues stated in the previous posts, you shouldn't be looking at your keyboard while typing, you should be looking at your display. When I'm programing, emailing or making comments on a tech website, I don't really see my keyboard. Any visual display activities (pulsing LEDs, color changes, etc) from the keyboard would be distracting my focus from the task at hand.

Highlanderwolf

Commendable
May 9, 2016
"this proves they will let anyone start a kickstarter campaign."

Anyone? Das Keyboard is a pretty well known company, and they make really high quality keyboards. But, yeah, anyone can start a Kickstarter campaign. That's the whole point.

HDB

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
Odd. That they need a kickstarter. Sounds like marketing. The CLOUD is taking the shape of clickbaith. Look at me, I am in the cloud!!!

I hope it fails. My razer mouse is in the cloud, and I hate it.

My next keyboard and mouse will not store data in the cloud.

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
yeah, I prefere my keyboard, and the mouse, to be connected to the computer, with a cable. I also want them to have normal functionality without having to create accounts and install funny software. Call me old fashioned, I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS