I've seen similar questions posted before without a clear answer, but does
anyone know of a way to set the date format of a Win XP box by way of a
command prompt?

steve.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:OQX%23VjirFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
molsonexpert <imdrunk@work.ca> had this to say:

> I've seen similar questions posted before without a clear answer, but
> does anyone know of a way to set the date format of a Win XP box by
> way of a command prompt?
>
> steve.

I don't SEE a way of doing it...

Microsoft Windows XP - Command-line reference A-Z:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds.mspx

The closest I can get you to is:

Start
Run
"control time" (without the quotes)
Then edit there...

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

As far as I know you have to use the Control Panel applet.

[[Changing the time format
You can change the time format by changing the setting in Date and Time in
Control Panel. For just the MS-DOS subsystem, change the country setting in
your Config.nt file. Depending on the Country/Region selected, time is
displayed in the 12-hour format or the 24-hour format. If you are setting
the time in the 12-hour format, specify P for hours after noon.]]
From...
Time
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/time.mspx

Date
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/date.mspx

Open Regional and Language Options
Start | Run | Type: intl.cpl | Click OK |
Regional Options tab | Customize button |
Date tab or Time tab

To change the way your computer displays the date
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/int_pr_date.mspx

Open a command prompt and type:

date /?

time /?

Look around here....
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html

DATE and TIME commands
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/datetime.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OQX%23VjirFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
molsonexpert <imdrunk@work.ca> hunted and pecked:
> I've seen similar questions posted before without a clear answer, but does
> anyone know of a way to set the date format of a Win XP box by way of a
> command prompt?
>
> steve.

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Depends where and in what context.

Need a clear question for a clear answer

Jon