DDNS Setup Latest CentOS

Mantad

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
Hello everyone.
I've done some research online and just couldn't find the right instruction set for myself.
I have built a server and loaded CentOS on it.
I would like to make it visible for everyone.
I want to put a few websites on it, databases and a mail serveer(the mail server will probobly have to be avoided, due to the fact that port 25 is blocked...).
I guess I will have to get a DNS name for my server from a provider.

Now.. My IP is dynamic and the ISP doesn't provide static IPs........
So I have to setup some sort of client on my CentOS server that would communicate to the DNS service provider...

Can anyone tell me what I have to do on a server with a fresh install on CentOS to set up a 24/7 connection to the DNS and everyone would be able to access my stuff from the web server...

I'm using EE(UK) ISP

Solution

Hey
You'll need a DynDNS solution like DynDNS.com
There are more free solutions like that and you just need to install their client or script on your server so it will keep your IP synced with DNS records on their servers.

Not a big deal actually.
Didn't get you any actual service web address because it can be treated as an ad
You can easily...

imort

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

Hey
You'll need a DynDNS solution like DynDNS.com
There are more free solutions like that and you just need to install their client or script on your server so it will keep your IP synced with DNS records on their servers.

Not a big deal actually.
Didn't get you any actual service web address because it can be treated as an ad
You can easily google them with 'dyndns free' :)

Solution

imort

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016

You can find many free DynDNS-like services provides the same functions.
By 'DynDNS' I mean 'dynamic DNS' as a principle and not a specific paid service.