[SOLVED] DDR3 Ram install in AS rock b450pro4

muhammad_32

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
hey there, i just got a gift of an AS rock mobo and a ryzen 3 3200g apu, i already have ddr3 rams 2gb 4 rams, i wanna install them in an order that will not have any problems until i buy ddr4 rams. so plz guide me. i checked and ddr3 rams are supported in this mobo. plz guide me.

USAFRet

Titan

bignastyid

Titan
its actually in that quick installation guide of the mobo itself.
Looking at the quick install guide from ASRock's website the only mention of DDR3 is this on page 23
"It is not allowed to install a DDR, DDR2 or DDR3 memory module into a DDR4 slot; otherwise, this motherboard and DIMM may be damaged. "

I'm thinking you are not looking at the correct guide for the board you posted.

bignastyid

Titan
so if they physically fit in the mobo, will the ryzen 3 3200g not support then??
If you make them physically fit(force them or modify them) then you have likey damaged the ram, motherboard or both in the process.

4gb is not going to be good for gaming. You'll want atleast 8gb and of you plan on using the igpu then you'll want more like 16gb(igpu uses the system ram as vram) and you'll also want it to be fast(atleast ddr4 3000). with Ryzen ram speed affect cpu performance and it will also affect the performance of the igpu.

Reactions: muhammad_32

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
They will not physically fit. The slot is a different size, there's a different amount of pins and the alignment notch is in a different place.

Electrically you cannot put DDR into a DDR2 slot or DDR2 into a DDR3 slot or DDR3 into a DDR4 slot.

According to pc-specs, the ASRock B450 Pro4 supports a maximum of 16Gb DDR4, DDR3, DDR2.

That's absolutely wrong in every way. The B450 chipset supports a maximum of 64Gb of DDR4 ONLY.

There is not a single motherboard made, by anyone, any vendor, any possibility ever, anywhere of a motherboard that supports DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4.

Truth. Verify wherever you'd like, but pc-specs is absolutely dead flat wrong.