Question DDR4 2400 not working with Athlon 200GE build but is working with i5-6400 build. Why?

esanscoopsers

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I'm building a PC that I can't get to display anything (although the mobo gets power).

Athlon 200GE
Asus Prime A320K-M
G.Skill Value DDR4 2400 8GB (2X4)
Corsair CXM (2015) 450W

This PC won't display anything using the gskill ram, but when I put in ram from another PC (HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 2X8GB) it decides to work. I tride the gskill ram in the PC I got the hyperx ram from and it worked. So I believe the issue is not a single part but compatibility issues between parts. The problem is I don't know what doesn't want to work with this ram. Maybe update the BIOS or try a different CPU? Thoughts would be appreciated.

esanscoopsers

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Did you reset CMOS between the changes ?
I didn't reset the CMOS between the changes. I dont think that's the problem though. I tried the gskill ram first and it wouldn't display. I tried the hyperx ram a while after and it worked, then I tried the gskill ram and it didnt work like it always had. So if any settings were stuck to be compatible with one ram kit and not the other it would be the gskill ram that the settings are stuck for.