medosman2007

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018
Hey,
I'm having trouble with my 2tb hard disk, whenever I plug it into any windows system, it freezes everything, even If it's connected while booting.. system just keeps loading forever.
It's fine with any Linux based system, I can even open my files, and now I knew about parted magic and currently I'm doing a recovery with a tool called DDRescue-GUI, to get the data from that disk to another disk then I will format it hopefully it works again on windows.
Now after 7.6 hours of the tool working, and it has recovered 1120gb (as far as it says) it started to count almost 700 GB of bad sectors! And it's keeping going up.
It there a way of fixing them? Even If I will lose space, I guess the rest of the data is gone, I have been trying from a long time with several tools but no luck.
This is my first experience, is there a way to recover the data? If not is there a way to fix those bad sectors like defragging or something, and what's the best tool should I use?
Thanks so much, I appreciate any help.
Pic

Solution
Bad sectors are physical damage so cannot be fixed. Any software which claims to repair them is being less than honest. Any data that's recovered from bad sectors will not necessarily be complete/usable anyway.

It would be folly to use this drive any longer.

medosman2007

Reputable
Apr 9, 2018
Bad sectors are physical damage so cannot be fixed. Any software which claims to repair them is being less than honest. Any data that's recovered from bad sectors will not necessarily be complete/usable anyway.

It would be folly to use this drive any longer.
Indeed the operation is done and almost half of the data is damaged, must be those what was on the bad sectors.
I formated it after that and it's working and I can access on windows again, maybe I will use it for unimportant data.
I didn't meant to fix bad sectors It's definitely can't happen since it's a physical damage as far as I can say, I just thought about remapping or just using the healthy sectors.
Thanks for help ^^