[SOLVED] Dead RX 570? Keeps shutting down even at low to med usage.

jaybarillo

Honorable
Feb 11, 2019
Nice day everyone, as the title says I have an issue with my PC.

I was playing some games when my PC shutdowns with the keyboard and mice still on. I tried to turn it on but it won't boot, I noticed that the GPU fans are not spinning when it's attempting to boot so I removed my GPU and reinstalled it.
After reinstalling it my GPU works but only for a while ( sometimes 5 mins.,10mins.,15mins., ). My guess is it could be a driver issue so I tried to Uninstall it's diver with DDU through safe mode but the issue still persist. I was planning to change it's thermal paste for I was having an issue about it's thermal but can't buy anything online ( can't buy at our local store, some are close and some are not selling a good thermal paste ) cause there is no shipping option available as we got recently got hit by a typhoon. I've also tried using different PSUs ( 4 in total ) but it still the same. I have no other PC to try the card so I can't test if it's fine or not.

Is there any other way to fix my card? can't afford a new one right now so any help about my issue is greatly appreciated.
sorry for my bad english

SPECS: i7 3770 cpu
RX 570 gpu
16gb ddr3 ram
foxconn h61mx motherboard
superflower 600w psu

Solution
My bad, I forgot shutdown and black screen are two different things in PC troubleshooting.

It black screens, because my keyboard, mouse and cpu fans had still lights on when it happens.

Check your gpu temps to make sure you re ok. Download HWInfo and run Sensors Only. There is a section there at the very bottom where it reads Gpu Memory Errors. If you see errors then the vram could be going bad or being unstable. If this is the case i would try to downclock the vram step by step. Which RX570 do you have?
It shuts down or it black screens? It's completely different. Some of these cards carrying Micron memory fail. But if the pc completely shuts down it's another discussion. It could be bad system memory, bad psu (not likely if you tried 4 others) or even file system corruption.

jaybarillo

Honorable
Feb 11, 2019
It shuts down or it black screens? It's completely different. Some of these cards carrying Micron memory fail. But if the pc completely shuts down it's another discussion. It could be bad system memory, bad psu (not likely if you tried 4 others) or even file system corruption.
My bad, I forgot shutdown and black screen are two different things in PC troubleshooting.

It black screens, because my keyboard, mouse and cpu fans had still lights on when it happens.

Check your gpu temps to make sure you re ok. Download HWInfo and run Sensors Only. There is a section there at the very bottom where it reads Gpu Memory Errors. If you see errors then the vram could be going bad or being unstable. If this is the case i would try to downclock the vram step by step. Which RX570 do you have?

Solution

jaybarillo

Honorable
Feb 11, 2019
It's an ASUS EXPEDITION RX 570. I'll try the HWinfo sensors later.

jaybarillo

Honorable
Feb 11, 2019
HWInfo shows no gpu memory error.