Question "Death Stranding" looks blurred ?

Feb 11, 2023
Hi, I have a ryzen 5600g with 16gb of dual ram, without dedicated graphics card, my monitor's resolution is 1440x900.
My problem is that first of all the game runs at 1280x720, I changed the resolution to my monitor's by modifying the settings file , but when running the game the game continues to look blurry as if it were running at a lower resolution and I already modified everything that I could modify but I don't know how to fix it, I hope you can help me, the game looks very blurry and bad,
I also used a program to change the hexadecimal values of the resolution which only fixed the game no longer having black borders but it still looks blurry

Feb 11, 2023
Hi, I have a ryzen 5600g with 16gb of dual ram, without dedicated graphics, my monitor's resolution is 1440x900, my problem is that first of all the game runs at 1280x720, I changed the resolution to my monitor's by modifying the settings file , but when running the game the game continues to look blurry as if it were running at a lower resolution and I already modified everything that I could modify but I don't know how to fix it, I hope you can help me, the game looks very blurry and bad,I also used a program to change the hexadecimal values of the resolution which only fixed the game no longer having black borders but it still looks blurry

The blurriness is due to the game's Anisotropic Filtering setting, at least for this particular game. You need to override the settings by selecting the game's ex/ds.Exe, and change the value to 16x.

Do you have the AMD Radeon Settings utility installed on your onboard GPU ? Is there a option to select and change any of the settings ? Under Anisotropic Filtering Level you need to select 16x. Not sure if your onboard graphics will have this option though.

I have an RX 480 GPU, and I can easily change the settings via the Radeon Software.

I looked for direct comparisons between the 5600G's Vega 7 graphics, and the RX 560 listed as minimum requirements for the game. Some claim the differences in performance are too miniscule to rate one above the other, but that's based on synthetic benchmarks, not gaming.

In my searching however I DID find a direct comparison between the RX 560 and Vega 8 by userbenchmarks.com, which are benchmarks that include gaming by most users that submit them. The RX 560 scored 75% higher on gaming benchmarks, which I wasn't surprised by.

Aside from that, if you search YouTube for Death Stranding, 5600G, there are actual video benchmarks there showing the game running on a 5600G at all Low settings at 720p and averaging only 36 FPS (2:41 mark), and that's just with Sam running around by himself in rain.

I'm sorry to say but as far as I can tell the 5600G is nowhere near capable enough to play the game satisfactorily. However with the above video you might be able to determine whether it's running as well as it should just by comparing the footage at the 2:41 mark to yours, which is probably the best you can hope for.

Last edited: