Deciding on a Switch

warlord1312

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Hi guys,

I have a dilemma here. I finally decided to go gigabit for my network but cannot decide on a switch. I am considering the HP V1810-24G Switch (J9450A). I would like to hear your opinions on some other good choices. The thing that I like about the HP switch is that it has lifetime hardware warranty replacement for as long as you own the product, with next business day advance replacement. That is a very big plus since I am willing to spend a good amount of money for a quality product as I see this as a long term investment. The other nice thing is jumbo packets, vlans, link aggregation and no fans.

So what I am looking for is a gigabit switch. It needs to be at least 16 ports. No fans is a big plus followed by link aggregation then vlans then jumbo packets.

I have also looked at the Dlink DGS-1216T and Dell PowerConnect 2816, they look like everything that I am looking for as well. Does anyone have any experience with either of them? I played with quite a few PowerConnect 27XX and they seemed to be very good products.

So Can anyone recommend another switch that I should consider? Price is not a concern neither is configuration complexity.

Thanks

warlord1312

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009

It actually seems alright. It kind of stinks that it does not have link aggregation and that it has multiple fans. I did however notice that they also provide lifetime hardware warranty and I did not know that Netgear did that. That is actually very good to know.