Question Dedicated GPU not detected by NVIDIA Control Panel

XFA24

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2012
Good day,

I have an Asus Zenbook 14 Q407I for 2 years now but suddenly I experienced some problems while trying to play League of Legends. Please see details of my laptop below:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 4500U
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORECE MX350
RAM: 8GB

After the loading screen, it just crashes back to the desktop. I thought it was just a corrupted game file issue but I reinstalled the game and it still crashed so I know that the game files were not the culprit. A few days after I tried to run the game "Stray" and an error message popped up saying something that the GPU doesn't support shaders or something like that which made me think that the laptop is utilizing the onboard Radeon graphics. I then accessed Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties For Display 1 and to my surprise, all of the details which includes CHIP TYPE, DAC TYPE, ADAPTER STRING, BIOS INFORMATION says <unavailable>. I then tried to access the Nvidia Control Panel but an error message prompts which says the following:
NVIDIA Display settings are not available.
You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.

upon checking the BIOS and the device manager, I can clearly see that the laptop detects both the AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics and the NVIDIA Geforce MX350 so im sure that they are working properly. I also tried disabling and enabling the MX350 but nothing happens and the display adapter still says unavailable on the details.

I would like to know if some you have similar experiences and of course would appreciate it if you can share with me your solutions.

Thank you in advance!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Firstly try reinstall Geforce drivers (if you haven't tried this already) before we start pointing fingers.

Do manual search inputting fields correctly. Run driver installer as administrator by right clicking it instead of double left click. Choose custom clean install option.

We'll see if driver detects Nvidia gpu and install components properly.

Last edited: