Dedicated Memory

Doobieous

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2013
Hello, I have a Gigabyte GA-F2A85XM-D3H motherboard and a AMD A10-5800K APU. I'm currently running Windows 8 64 bit, and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can turn the amount of ram up on the integrated graphics. There are no options to do so on the BIOS, and I'm new to Windows 8, and really haven't had much time to explore it. I have 16GB DDR3 ram, and the integrated graphics are only using 512MB of it. Thanks

Doobieous

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2013
On the APU's box it says to pair with a AMD Radeon Discrete Graphics HD 6670, so I should look into getting a graphics card with those specs to use the Crossfire X, or would getting a higher level AMD card used alone be a better option?

That being said, getting a dedicated GPU kinda seems pointless with an A10 - I'd rather look at how to answer his original question, which is how to allocate more RAM to system memory.

I don't know Gigabyte's AMD bios, nor have I gotten to play with an APU yet, but I'd imagine there's a bios entry somewhere in those menus.

He has 16 gigabytes of memory if the CPU is using as much as it is from his memory for his video Dark its well worth it to do so.

Also he was asking whether it was better for him to use a hybrid setup or a dedicated card setup. And a Hybrid setup would not be optimal for him if he were to buy a card it would be a horrible value for him and he wouldn't be pleased.

Latest posts