[SOLVED] Deepcool Castle 280ex rgb liquid cooler ignoring bios

Samsonob12

Prominent
May 26, 2020
My Deepcool Castle 280ex rgb liquid cooler is ignoring bios, when I set it to silent it does it in bios but as soon as I leave bios it goes back to the turbo setting

Solution
My Deepcool Castle 280ex rgb liquid cooler is ignoring bios, when I set it to silent it does it in bios but as soon as I leave bios it goes back to the turbo setting
Sounds to me like a program in windows (I assume that you are running windows) is over ruling your bios settings, could try a clean boot to see if it fixes it
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds to me like a program in windows (I assume that you are running windows) is over ruling your bios settings, could try a clean boot to see if it fixes it
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

could be a program associated with the motherboard.

Solution

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
OP, I'm assuming you quit the BIOS by selecting save changes and exit? Are you using the correct control mode for the fan header also (you need to choose either auto or PWM mode in BIOS for both fan headers)?

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

could be a program associated with the motherboard.

Bit of a hijack, but what kind of programs that can interfere with BIOS fan settings? I'm genuinely wondering about this. I was looking for a desktop software to change fan settings that override BIOS's.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The programs that over ride bios generally come from the motherboard makers themselves, so things like AI Suite on Asus Motherboards, for instance, can let you set up profiles in windows that have totally different settings to BIOS.

I think Speedfan can do it as well. But it doesn't know what Ryzen is so its no good for your main rig.

And if you have a Corsair AIO you can use Icue to change fan speeds in both windows and bios, it lets you change what settings are saved to hardware. I didn't see anything like that for op's hardware or I would have linked to it. Its possible his motherboard software is changing the bios settings once he gets into windows.

But if its just exiting bios, and not after going into windows, then my ideas don't apply :)